Latest post Wed, Oct 16 2013 11:04 PM by Helpnxt. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 16 2013 9:51 PM

• Helpnxt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Media Composer 7 upgrade

Hey

I am trying to upgrade my student edition from MC 6 to MC 7 on my home computer. Now I have followed to the best I could the rather cofusing instructions which come as a read me file and have now got Avid Media Composer Interplay Edition 7 installed on my computer and activated. But when I go to use it, it starts by saying I have no sound card installed and no sound will be possible but I do have a sound card (not sure which) and it had no issue with it last time, but I ignored that and carried on and went into one of my old projects to see if the sound would just work but when I tried to play any clip in any project it just comes up with error message admadm_no_adm_configured_for_output

Can anyone explain to me how to fix these issues and what I have done wrong when upgrading?

btw the activation code would only work on the interplay edition not just normal media composer 

• Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:00 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 7 upgrade

To let people help you could you answer the following and any other details that might be relevant. Thanks

Which Windows OS are you on?
    Have you checked to see if you can update your sound cards drivers?
    Did you uninstall MC 6 before updating to MC 7?
    Did you create a new user for MC7?
    Did you uninstall all of the AMA plugins before installing MC7?

• Wed, Oct 16 2013 11:04 PM In reply to

• Helpnxt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Re: Media Composer 7 upgrade

Got it sorted now thanks to you, you prompted me to check my sound card. Turned out it wasn't being recognised by my computer at all so after re installing all the drivers its now working and Avid is fine :D

Thanks for the prompt

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller