Latest post Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:08 PM by Tinto7. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:15 PM

• Tinto7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 10 2011
    • Posts 25
    • Points 395

Film burn transition on AVID 7.0

Good day avid community!  

I'm looking to apply quite a few fim burn transitions and dissolves on an edit of mine on Avid Media Composer 7.0.

Something similar to the luster film transitions - in the link below.  

http://www.digitalcinemafoundry.com/2011/05/22/premium-film-burnslight-leak-10-pack-2/

In fact I was thinking of purchasing the 12 pack luster film burns...as I think they'd be perfect for the kind of effect/transition I'm going for.  Has anyone previous expereince using this effect pack and would they reccomen?d Or does someone recommend a different or better plug in for film burn transitions in AVID?  I know you can do a film flash effect in effect editor and I've also got some film flashes from some 16mm film scans.  But need something a bit more friendly and fun for this project.  Luster film pack seems to have that warm glow.. Smile 

Anyhow thanks for reading!

Cheers 

MacBookPro 8,2, Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 2.3ghz. Avid Media Composer 5.5 and a cool german logic keyboard avid :-) [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 23 2013 4:06 AM In reply to

• DylanReeve
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 1,677
    • Points 20,445
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Film burn transition on AVID 7.0

There was a period where I added film burn transitions and effects to way to much of my work.

It's super easy - all you need is the vision of the burn starting from black, going through the burn (ideally covering the whole frame in a bright orange/yellow/white at some point) and then back to black.

To apply it you simply put it on an upper layer video track and use a transfer mode to blend it ("Add" is best). 

Unfortunately there is no native transfer modes in Media Composer. You need a third-party plugin. No problem if you have Boris Continum Complete (in which case put BCC Composite on the burn clip and set to 'Add') but otherwise you're somewhat out of luck.

In previous versions there was a free plugin available called DMN Transfer, unfortunately it was a 32-bit plugin and has never been ported to 64-bit so is incompatible with MC6+

HP Workstations with MC 8.4 64TB EditShare XStream Storage [view my complete system specs]

Dylan Reeve - Edit Geek // Online/Offline Editor // Post Production Supervisor
    Auckland, New Zealand

• Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:24 AM In reply to

Check out these:

http://lucavisualfx.com/filmeffects.htm

I bought them and am quite happy with it.

You can import them in Media Composer and they show up as matte clips,

and replace or alterate either the alpha video track or the filler if it suits you,

if you want to modify them.

Imac 27" 3,4ghz Core i7 Mac Pro 3,2ghz 8-core Harpertown Macbook Pro 2,2ghz Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:05 PM In reply to

• Tinto7
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 395

Cheers Constantin downloaded the demo clips and going to give them a try! 

MacBookPro 8,2, Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 2.3ghz. Avid Media Composer 5.5 and a cool german logic keyboard avid :-) [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:08 PM In reply to

• Tinto7
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 395

Thanks for the heads up Dylan.  I don't have the BCC plug in and see the price tag is a lil steep for my liking.  Will search for other 3rd party plug ins that have this transfer effect you mention.  Great advice thanks.  Your help and response is much appreciated.   

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller