Latest post Fri, Nov 8 2013 7:42 PM by Tom Pearson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 8 2013 5:03 PM

• Sylviala
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 8 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

MacBook Pro

Helli, I just received AVID MC 7 and will purchase a new MacBook Pro to edit on with an exteranl monitor. I will not be editing heavy pieces, more like traditiional long form documentaries, stock footage, talking heads, some after effects with pics, photoshop, etc. I have read that the Retina display is a problem and I can order it with a High Resolution Matte, which may help me since I am going to purchase a external monitor. Would it benefit me to upgrade to the model that has the 2.6 GHZ quad core. Is the 5GB of store enough or do I click on the button and buy the 1TB of storage, And would anybody suggest purchasing the super drive. My last MacPro was purchased 5 years ago, and I cut a documentary project using FCP on that machine. I now have to invest in a new machine to run the MC 7, I am good with it all, I just dont want to be suckered into buying extra items that I don't have to and putting that money toward the nice external montior I want to buy. Thanks.

Filed under:
  • Fri, Nov 8 2013 7:18 PM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 378
    • Points 4,115

Re: MacBook Pro

Just be aware that the Mavericks OS is not yet supported for MC. See here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Mac-OS-10-9-support-for-Media-Composer-Pro-Tools-Sibelius

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 8 2013 7:42 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,161
    • Points 23,185

Re: MacBook Pro

Hi I have the mac mbp 2.5 gig core i7 with 16 gig ram with the matt high rez screen works very well I run  second monitor and a 18 tb raid off thunderbolt adapter from lacie just cut a feature on it in full rez all worked well

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller