Latest post Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:02 PM by MikeyB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 26 2013 9:49 AM

• flazzing
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 22 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65

Making Subclips with different lengths of A/V

Hello, how can I make a subclip from a video and audio track in the timeline where the video does not get cut off to match the audio. If I have audio that is shorter than the video in the timeline, making a subclip with crop the video to match the audio for some reason. I have attached a picture. Often times I will want to make a subclip of a sequence where the video and audio do not line up. The only way I know how to get Avid to leave the audio and video alone is with a subsequence. Any way I can make a subclip and have that not crop the video to make the length of the audio?

• Tue, Nov 26 2013 10:55 AM In reply to

Re: Making Subclips with different lengths of A/V

Ugly but you could do a video mixdown (and lose the ability to ever go back!)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:02 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 478
    • Points 5,925
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Making Subclips with different lengths of A/V

You can't make subclips from Sequences - only sub-Sequences. What is it you're tring to do that can't be done with a sub-Sequence?

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller