Latest post Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:25 AM by mattycolch. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 1:17 AM

• mattycolch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 25 2006
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Kona 3G Audio Input deselcts when trying to capture with Avid DS

I am using DS 10.5.2.1011, with Kona 3G - AJA ControlPanel 10.3.4 build 22 64bit. Windows 7 Professional, HP Z800.

I can't tell you the last time any of it was updated because I'm new to the company that owns these.  I've been here about 7 months, and they've been worknig fine together until recently. 

I have tried multiple projects, and multiple users, multiple formats - HD/SD, multiple decks and without decks (just feeding black to it)

I set up my Kona Control Panel to capture Embedded.  I start a project in DS. I go to the capture tool and select my audio channels (as soon as I select one audio channel) the Audio Input Select on the KONA ControlPanel goes blank.  This happens in SD.  In HD, it switches to AES/EBU. 

If I switch the KONA ControlPanel back to Embedded, while the DS capture tool is open, it will hold.  But if I close the capture tool and reopen it, the ControlPanel reverts back to being blank or AES/EBU. 

I can capture audio, as long as I switch the ControlPanel while the DS capture tool is open.

It had been working fine until a few days ago and I don't know of anything that changed in the CPU, with the DS or with the KONA card/ControlPanel that would have caused this to happen. 

Any suggetsions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• Wed, Dec 11 2013 6:44 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Re: Kona 3G Audio Input deselcts when trying to capture with Avid DS

The official Avid response is that Avid DS only uses tested and qualified AJA drivers for given DS releases.

You can find them on the Avid DS Support Center or more sppecifically for your version under the Drivers > Avid DS v10.5 section.

Since version 11, Avid DS stops the AJA Device Service when it starts so the AJA ControlPanel is not used and won't interfere with the AJA card and driver utilized by DS.  I suggest that you do the very same in your setup to indeed avoid conflicts.

Or use the qualified AJA driver with Avid DS 10.5.2.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:25 AM In reply to

• mattycolch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 25 2006
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Re: Kona 3G Audio Input deselcts when trying to capture with Avid DS

Thank you.  I'll try uninstalling my KONA driver and installing 7.3.0.31, but it doesn't explain why mine would stop working all of a sudden, after it had been working fine for a long time.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller