Latest post Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:27 PM by Twelvemonkey1. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:27 PM

AVID ISIS Client won't uninstall on Windows 7 machine

Hi,

We recently upgraded our ISIS 5000 server to 4.5 and was updating the client software on all our machines.

When I came to the PCs I attempted to uninstall the client via Programs and Features. The version was 4.0.0.5500.

Upon starting the process a prompt was loaded that several applications need to be closed before running, all avid related but none that we've used independently. The options it gave were to automatically close applications and attempt to restart after setup or do not close and stating that a reboot would be required.

I selected automatically shut down and started the process. Several pop up windows came up then it gave me an error message saying there was a problems with the installer package and that a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected and that I contact support or package vendor.

I restarted the computer and tried again this time with not the option to close and it gave me the same message.

The specific program it is attempting to close is "Avid Fos FS" which is not recognizable to me.

i can't install the new client version because it still recognizes the old version on there and automatically stops the install.

Please help!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller