Latest post Thu, Mar 27 2014 1:27 AM by anamorphic. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 27 2014 12:21 AM

• anamorphic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,255

Effect Editor vanishes

Just made the leap from 5.5 to 7.  Lost a couple of bin & timeline views, that's ok, but this one's a puzzler;

Since, like forever, when I chose the Effect Editor, it opened on top of my source monitor.  Then I would manipulate the effect in the record monitor.  Now, when I click on the record monitor, the Effect Editor goes to the background (behind the Composer window).

Anyone else have this problem?

MacPro 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 64 Gig RAM / OS 10.11.6 / MC 2018.3, Symphony, PhraseFind, ScriptSync, BCC 8 AVX; Mocha [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 27 2014 1:12 AM In reply to

• anamorphic
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,255

Re: Effect Editor vanishes

After checking the manual, it appears what I'm saying is that when I go into Effects mode the Effect Editor opens, but the Record monitor does not become the Effect Preview monitor.

MacPro 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 64 Gig RAM / OS 10.11.6 / MC 2018.3, Symphony, PhraseFind, ScriptSync, BCC 8 AVX; Mocha [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 27 2014 1:16 AM In reply to

Sorry do not know

Have you considered, opening Avids default Effects Wworkspace.
    Arranging as desired then saving curent.

Map your Effects workspace to a KB shortcut
    Everytime you want to work on an effect you are one keystroke away from your favourite default effects layout. 

• Thu, Mar 27 2014 1:27 AM In reply to

• anamorphic
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,255

Thanks for the tip, I've considered that, as well as dragging the Effect Editor to the mixer window or someplace else as a tab.

But I'd love it to work like it used to.  Call me old-fashioned.  [:'(]

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller