Latest post Wed, Mar 4 2015 10:05 PM by upsidedownjim. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 18 2014 12:02 AM

• Nagatani
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 10 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Sequences able to playback multicam in the source monitor

I am a [way too] long time Avid Assistant editor working in Reality TV. For years, I have always wanted to know why Sequences are unable to playback in the SOURCE MONITOR in multicam. I know you can drop a sequence into the record monitor and play it back in multicam mode -- I do this frequently. The problem is that story producers don't like to cut their stringouts in this way. I know they can always drop multigroups into the source monitor and cut from source to record this way, however the way we record and audio and group our footage would grately benefit from having the ability to drop a SEQUENCE into the Source monitor, playback in multicam, being able to set ins and outs, select video and audio, and cut into a record monitor.

So I humbly request that Avid figure out how to get sequences to playback multicam while loaded into the source monitor.

• Wed, Mar 4 2015 10:05 PM In reply to

Re: Sequences able to playback multicam in the source monitor

I've been wondering this as well. Can't see why this can't be done if the record monitor can. If I'm using a group clip in the source monitor I scroll around in quad-split then switch to the camera angle I want then mark in/out and cut in. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller