Latest post Sun, May 4 2014 1:17 AM by Smallan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 2 2014 1:06 PM

• Smallan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Queensland, Australia
    • Posts 252
    • Points 3,390

Sorenson Squeeze suddenly doesn't recognise my QTR files

I went to load a qtr file that I created a few months ago into Squeeze and got the message 'Unable to add the source files. The following files are not supported.'

These are files that I have previously processed in Squeeze.  Fortunately the MC Project is still current, so I created a new qtr file and Squeeze was happy with it.  I tried a few other older qtr's and got the same error message, but Squeeze accepts any qtr files that I create as of the current date.

What could cause this?

MB: Asus P9X79 PRO. CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K. Power Supply: Corsair AX850. Ram: 16GB(4x 4GB). GPU: Nvidia GTX670. Boot Drive: Intel 520 Series 120GB Solid... [view my complete system specs]

Call me Al.

• Fri, May 2 2014 2:15 PM In reply to

Re: Sorenson Squeeze suddenly doesn't recognise my QTR files

One thing that could cause it...   If you renamed the folder containing the media or if the media got moved to a different media folder.   MC will rescan and find the media, but a QT reference seems to point to the media at the time it was created.   If you export a same-as-source file, on the other hand, that contains all the media, so it doesn't matter if the Avid MediaFiles get moved to new folder or if the folder is renamed. 

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, May 4 2014 1:17 AM In reply to

• Smallan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Queensland, Australia
    • Posts 252
    • Points 3,390

Re: Sorenson Squeeze suddenly doesn't recognise my QTR files

Thanks for the reply Terry, yes you're right, however it's not the file folder but the mxf folder name that had changed.  When I need to reprocess any of those files in Squeeze I just need to temporarily change the folder name.

Thank you for the prompt, I appreciate it.

MB: Asus P9X79 PRO. CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K. Power Supply: Corsair AX850. Ram: 16GB(4x 4GB). GPU: Nvidia GTX670. Boot Drive: Intel 520 Series 120GB Solid... [view my complete system specs]

Call me Al.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller