Latest post Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:20 AM by oengelha. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 24 2014 8:25 PM

• oengelha
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Can I upgrade to MC 8?

Hi, I bought Media Composer 7 Education edition in April. I just found out, that they released MC8 about a month ago. Am I entitled to an upgrade, since it was released shortly after my purchase. If not, is there some sort of upgrade pricing available? On a seperate note: I would like to talk to avid directly about this, but I could not find a way to contact them without an ASC or a support membership. Is there a way? Thanks in advance for any answers.

• Tue, Jun 24 2014 8:47 PM In reply to

Re: Can I upgrade to MC 8?

First of all, MC8 at this point in time, offers nearly no new features, and does not allow ScriptSync or PhraseFind, and comes without Avid LogExchange. So why would you want to upgrade?

i think MC7 Academic came with four years of upgrades, as long as you qualify as a student. So you should be able to get any upgrades via the Academic program: http://www.avid.com/US/support/upgrade-academic-free

Other than that:

Customers who recently purchased Media Composer 7.0 or NewsCutter 11.0 are entitled to an upgrade to Media Composer | Software v8.0 with a perpetual licnese. If you purchased NewsCutter 11.0 you will also receive the Media Composer | NewsCutter Option. To be eligible you must meet the following requirements:

·         Purchase a new Media Composer 7.0, or NewsCutter 11.0 or an upgrade to Media Composer 7.0 or NewsCutter 11.0 on or after April 1st, 2014

·         Register the new product at www.avid.com/support/register or update your registration if upgrading and on a dongle at www.avid.com/US/support/upgrade/video  

·         Redeem your Download Code from your Activation Card kit that came in your new unit via your Avid My Account before May 1st, 2014.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 24 2014 9:06 PM In reply to

• oengelha
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Thank you for your quick Answer it helped a lot. Could you also tell me, where I can upgrade my license? On the Products I Own - Page, it only shows MC7. I mean, I would not update my System as of right now, sonce I have a couple of projects to finish before I can touch it, but it would be good to know the way forward.

• Tue, Jun 24 2014 9:53 PM In reply to

http://www.avid.com/US/support/upgrade-academic-free

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:20 AM In reply to

• oengelha
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Tanks so much for your support.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller