Latest post Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:05 AM by JOHN HOLLOWAY. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:05 AM

SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT issue in MC 8 trial

I have been trying to learn avid on the latest trial version (MC 8) but I have been having real issues with playback. I did some research into this and it seems to be an issue with compatability with my Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ card that i use to output to my HD monitor. I updated the desktop video driver to the latest version (10.1) but the problem still kept occuring. After working for only a few minutes everything would freeze and I would get the above message. This would occur even quicker (almost immediately) if I went into another application and then came back to avid.

I looked through some forums and various people said that they went back to using an earlier version of the desktop video driver (9.9.3) and this resolved the issue for them, but I've tried that and it hasn't made any difference.

I get the same issue whether I'm using AMA linked files or .mxf files.

Hopefully someone can help me with this as I really need to make the switch from FCP7 to MC8 now and get on with learning it properly but this just isn't possible with this recurring issue.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller