Latest post Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:36 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:21 AM

• atisf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 10 2014
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

How to remove jitter from XDCAM footage

I received an XDCAM disk from Germany (PFD50DLA dual layer) which shows jitter when viewed or ingested.

A sample clip (with jitter in upper left quadrant) can be seen at:

http://youtu.be/CI1zmDpmKeA

According to the XML file, it was recorded on a Sony PDW 680 at 59.94i fps

<VideoFrame formatFps="59.94i" videoCodec="MPEG2HD50CBR_1920_1080_422P@HL"/>

<VideoLayout aspectRatio="16:9" numOfVerticalLine="1080" pixel="1920"/>

I tried to ingest as DNxHD 145 (the desired project resolution) but the problem persists.

Does anyone have recommendations for how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help

(I am running Media Composer 7.03 on a PC based system)

• Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:36 AM In reply to

Re: How to remove jitter from XDCAM footage

That looks very much like fluorescent light beatng with the recorded frame rate.

This is a common problem when shooting in a frame rate that doesn't match the mains frequency of the recording location.

As the footage is 59.94 then I expect the location had mains at 50hz. mains powered lights (not tungsten ones) have a very slight change in brightness and color temperature as the mains frequence cycles. With a 25P or 50i camer this would be almost the same frequency so very subtle. But in this case the 2 frequencies combine to produce that effect.

Heres a good explaination: http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/flicker-free-video-tutorial

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller