Latest post Sun, Aug 3 2014 10:38 PM by TrevorA. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 3 2014 6:24 PM

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

Opened a Adobe Premiere "AAF" in Avid, and media won't relink.

I have a project that I started in Adobe Premiere CC 2014. I want to learn Avid and cut it in Avid. I've done tons of "String Out" sequences in Premiere and spent a lot of time on them, so instead of redoing the work from scratch in Avid, I exported an AAF from Premiere and brought it into Avid Media Composer 8. The sequence opened fine in Avid but all the media was offline and I can't figure out for the life of me how to relink it. I'm new to avid so that might partially explain it, but I started googling / researching this issue and it sounds like loads of other people before me have had this issue. Has anyone figured out a solution yet? Please help.

PS lately, when I try to post to this forum and I start to fill out "tags", the words start to AUTOFILL for me, and I'm using safari and I check my autofill preferences and I have all autofill turned off, so why are the tags trying to autofill for me?! VERY ANNOYING 

• Sun, Aug 3 2014 10:38 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,126
    • Points 12,775

Re: Opened a Adobe Premiere "AAF" in Avid, and media won't relink.

rachinc:
    I exported an AAF from Premiere and brought it into Avid Media Composer 8. The sequence opened fine in Avid but all the media was offline and I can't figure out for the life of me how to relink it.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1373354 (short answer is: they broke it and you have to roll back to v7.0 of Pr)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller