Latest post Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:31 PM by Kevin Klimek. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 10 2014 6:17 PM

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

Does Avid have a Copy and Paste Attributes feature for audio?

Lets say you change the volume of one audio clip to -15 db and you want to do that to the other 100 audio clips on your timeline. Doing that manually for each clip could take a long time. In Premiere/FCP you can right click on an audio clip and click copy, and then highlight a bunch of audio clips at once and paste volume attributes across all those clips at once. 

Can you do that in Avid?

The work around I'm using for now is to highlight all my audio clips at once holding down option and lassoing, then I right click on my lasso'd selection and click the mute feature. 

• Sun, Aug 10 2014 6:35 PM In reply to

Re: Does Avid have a Copy and Paste Attributes feature for audio?

Mute the whole track? or with the audio mixer open you can apply gain changes between in and out points.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sun, Aug 10 2014 6:46 PM In reply to

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

I tried what you just said. I made an in to out point across the whole timeline, and I only have tracks a3 and a4 selected. My curser just happens to be parked on ONE audio clip. I opened Audio mixer, and dragged down audio for A3 and A4 to -90 and it only changed the volume for the clip I was parked on, it didnt reduce the volume of all the other clips that are within the in-to-out points. It didnt work for me :( not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

• Sun, Aug 10 2014 7:12 PM In reply to

After changing the level of the clip you are parked on, go to the hamburger menu at the top of the audio mix tool and select Apply Level In/Out.  (It might say "gain" or "volume" instead of "level" - I can't remember off the top of my head.)

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Aug 10 2014 9:37 PM In reply to

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

"Set Level On Track - In/Out" <--- That did it! :) 

I made an In point at the very beginning of the timeline and an out point at the very end of the timeline. Then I highlighted tracks A3 and A4), then took one audio clip on my timeline (on Tracks A3/A4) and brought the audio down to -90 in the Audio Mixer. Then I went to the hamburger menu within the audio mixer and clicked "Set Level On Track - In/Out" and it made all of the audio tracks on A3 and A4 have matching audio levels of -90!

Thank you so much!!

• Mon, Aug 11 2014 5:12 AM In reply to

You're welcome! :)

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:31 PM In reply to

You can adjust the pan across In/Outs as well using the same method, FYI.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller