Latest post Mon, Mar 5 2018 9:43 AM by Jamie Erskine. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 12 2014 8:22 AM

exporting clips with color adapters

When adding a LUT to clips in Avid via source settings, which produces the green dot on your clips in version 7, if I export those clips it does not include the LUT.  Of course, if I place them into a sequence, then the export does include the LUT.

Is there a way to export clips with the LUT and not a sequence?

I need to export 80-100 clips per day and dont want to have to place each individual clip into its own sequence just to export, partly cause thats a pain in the... but also because the sequence doesnt hold the same metadata that the clip does, so my quicktimes are missing valuable information.

anyone know much about it?  Though Im suspecting there is no way around this.

Avid Media Composer 8.9.3 | Mac OS 10.13.2 | Editshare 7.2.1.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 12 2014 9:12 AM In reply to

Re: exporting clips with color adapters

Resolve is the best solution for that. Not yet possible in MC unless you transcode the clips and choose to bake in the color adapter setting.

Transcoding is really fast on a multicore machine so that maynot be too slow.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Wed, Sep 17 2014 12:27 PM In reply to

transcoding isnt really an option as im dealing with upto 90mins of material for 80 shooting days.

Resolve does seem a little more straight forward to exporting clips with a color effect, but Im working with sync clips from separate audio/video and had to perf-slip, so Resolve wouldnt be much help here.

I think im stuck with dragging all clips into a timeline and then subclipping each clip (to create sub-sequences) and then refresh the sequence to include the color adapter.

the only downside here is then each QT I export no longer includes metadata such as source TC etc.

It seems my only option is to use a BITC in the bottom corner of the image for the QTs and live with the annoying sub-sequence workflow.

Avid Media Composer 8.9.3 | Mac OS 10.13.2 | Editshare 7.2.1.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 5 2018 9:43 AM In reply to

years later... i still wish there was some solution to this.  Clips can export a frame flex, but not a color adapter.  how come?

The workaround I listed above is a tedious work around.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller