Latest post Mon, Oct 6 2014 4:24 PM by rickflix. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 16 2014 1:09 AM

• rickflix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 16 2014
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Customer Service: Has Anyone Else Had This Experience

Forgive me if this isn't appropriate, but I'm incredibly frustrated with Avid Customer Service at the moment- it would be a huge help to find out if anyone else has had this experience.

I began an annual subscription plan for Avid Media Composer in August. I was notified today that there was a problem renewing my subscription. The Avid site indicated that the auto-renewal couldn't renew this month because the expiration date must be a future date (it expires in November - still two months in the future!). I was prompted for new credit card information, entered the same correct and valid credit card info, after which my account was placed "on hold" with no further recourse.

After a series of emails with Customer Service, i was told that the only way to change my credit card info was to cancel my account and purchase a new one. I was told that IT hasn't yet developed the ability for a customer to change credit card info - for which the system, in fact, had just prompted me.

Really?

This is incredibly frustrating, and I find the answer hard to believe.

Comments?  I'm new to the Avid world - I love the software, but perhaps there's a better way to navigate customer service?

Thanks.

• Tue, Sep 16 2014 1:34 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Customer Service: Has Anyone Else Had This Experience

Rick

i am on vacation for the next 2 weeks but..... I am looking at email and want to assist.  Send me an email with this info and I will get Aidas all over this.  

Dont PM me - email me so I have your email and can forward it to Aidas.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Oct 5 2014 6:48 AM In reply to

• Nitza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Hey!

so enyone have the solution for this problem?

• Mon, Oct 6 2014 2:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Just posted to your other thread Nitza....

email me if you get stuck with the web folks and cant get advice on changing your CC info.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Oct 6 2014 3:00 PM In reply to

• rickflix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

An update on my original post...

I was contacted by other Customer Service reps from Avid, and they confirmed what I was told originally: I would have to cancel my subscription (or let it terminate when my credit card expired) and purchase an entirely new subscription. I was told that the ability to change credit card numbers within an account was removed due to security concerns.

While I certainly understand security concerns in this age of cyber-crime, Avid is certainly not the first firm to manage online subscriptions. Perhaps a review of IT management is in order. The gold standard editing system should have a gold standard online experience.

• Mon, Oct 6 2014 3:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Rick...

I hear you.... we recently moved to a new web store platform which they constantly are trying to update and add features so the customer does receive a " gold standard online experience".

I am going to send this thread along to the Director who manages this web store.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Oct 6 2014 4:09 PM In reply to

• rickflix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Thanks, I appreate that - I'm an enthusiastic recent recruit into the Avid world, and I know the subscription model is new to Avid - thanks for taking my comments in the spirit in which they were intended.

-Rich

• Mon, Oct 6 2014 4:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Rick

happy to do that - Rich Hollad the director just pinged me back and will look into this right away with IT.   

Where did you come from ???  former NLE user? which one?

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Oct 6 2014 4:24 PM In reply to

• rickflix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

I've been a longtime FCP user, working in the non-fiction world. While I've worked extensively in that platform, it's becoming archaic and limiting, professionally - so I decided to (finally!) make the jump.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller