Latest post Fri, Oct 10 2014 11:10 AM by editdudes. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 23 2014 9:58 AM

• editdudes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,665

Symphony 'upgrade' path - Can someone explain?

Have been using Symphony for a lot of years, and currently running MC 7.04 with symphony option.

From what I understand, the recommended option is to get the $299 'annual support/upgrade' before the end of 2014, but I'm a bit uncertain what this means.

Is this an upgrade to MC 8 WITH the symphony option, and exactly what is included in the annual $299?

Thanks!

Symphony Nitris DX • MC Adrenaline DNxcel 5.5 • DaVinci Resolve • VirtualDub :) [view my complete system specs]

E D I T   D U D E S

Independent Post Production Services

Malmö - SWEDEN

www.editdudes.com

Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Sep 23 2014 6:24 PM In reply to

Re: Symphony 'upgrade' path - Can someone explain?

If the perpetual license you have invludes Symphony then the $299 gives you the same options.

The $299 deal is a good deal and earns Avid a lot less than the regular rental subscription. You'll notice that it therfore includes less of thre bundled options the rental scheme offers.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Sep 23 2014 6:35 PM In reply to

editdudes:
    Is this an upgrade to MC 8 WITH the symphony option
    Yes. You upgrade your MC7 to whatever the current version is, and you simply keep your Symphony option.

The 299 includes 12 months of any updates or upgrades to Media Composer (any version released in that period) plus basic support (unlimited via email, one phone call per month) for those same 12 months. After 12 months you renew, or the license will be 'stuck' at whatever version it is on at that point in time.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 10 2014 11:10 AM In reply to

• editdudes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,665

Ok, I think I get it.

Thanks!

Symphony Nitris DX • MC Adrenaline DNxcel 5.5 • DaVinci Resolve • VirtualDub :) [view my complete system specs]

E D I T   D U D E S

Independent Post Production Services

Malmö - SWEDEN

www.editdudes.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller