Latest post Sat, Oct 4 2014 3:54 PM by rachinc. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 4 2014 3:26 PM

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

Putting the time warp effect on my clip makes my clip marker go away. How do I fix this?

I put a marker on a clip that lives on my timeline. I put that marker there on purpose so I know the exact moment that I want to execute my timewarp effect. So i put the timewarp effect on my cilp and the marker disappears! I was really relying on that marker and now I cant see it becaues I put an effect on my clip. How can I fix this so I can see the marker on my clip? I dont like that the timewarp effect made my marker disappear. Adobe Premiere and FCP never gave me this issue. 

The only lame solution I can think of is to add a marker to the timeline, NOT the clip to mark that exact point. But thats not really what I want. I put a marker on that clip on purpose so when I entered the Motion Effect Editor window for timewarp, I would see that marker within that window and know where to start my timewarp. But I'm in that Motion Effect Editor window now and I don't see any markers. 

I've been watching a lot of Lynda.com tutorials and in an earlier lesson, they talked about stepping in with effects and I thought, hmm maybe if I double cilck my clip and make the effect go to the next track, i can preserve my marker....but since I only have 1 effect I dont think I'm able to step in.

thoughts?

Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Oct 4 2014 3:38 PM In reply to

Re: Putting the time warp effect on my clip makes my clip marker go away. How do I fix this?

What if you drop the timewarp effect on first, and add the marker second before you make any adjustments to the timewarp?

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Oct 4 2014 3:54 PM In reply to

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

Re: Putting the time warp effect on my clip makes my clip marker go away. How do I fix this?

That sounds like it would work, but my red marker on my clip doesnt show up at all in the Motion Effects Editor window. (I know if this was Premiere or FCP, it would show up).

I guess thats okay....You gave me a decent work around. At least my marker shows up now on the clip. (It just doesnt show up on the timewarp graph editor aka Motion Effect Editor).  I'm new to Avid. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller