Latest post Thu, Oct 23 2014 4:52 AM by Mondo. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 23 2014 4:20 AM

• Dwight
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 26 2010
    • Buhler
    • Posts 74
    • Points 990

Importing multiple audio tracks

So I've got a project that was done with two cameras, and a Zoom, recording 4 discreet audio tracks. We used a slate at the top of every shot (manual, not electronic). Plus, there is audio recorded off the video cameras, but I don't care about that and would gladly loose it.

When I tried to group the shots, and opened the clip, I found that I had gotten some imalgum of audo forced into two channels only, not the 4 (or 6) I was hoping for.

My question: Is there a way to keep all those audo tracks discreet, so that when I cut it into a timeline, they are all there on separate tracks? If not, what is my workflow going to be?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

iMac 27" Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB Software Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]

Dwight Buhler   http://www.dwightbuhler.net/

• Thu, Oct 23 2014 4:52 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Re: Importing multiple audio tracks

I take it you've grouped the clips which leaves you with 2 tracks of audio..

You can do what I do and cut the group clip over the existing audio tracks on the sync map (duplicate first and then use that as your master). Or you can right click on the group clip audio tracks and choose the audio source you want. Or you could matchframe back to the source on the video line and overlay the matched tracks back into the timeline on separate audio tracks...

More than one way to skin a cat in Avid...

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller