Latest post Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:41 AM by portomar. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:45 AM

• portomar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

WHERE IS MY COMMENTS COLUMN?

I have just been migrated from avid 6 to 8. Why is it that Avid has chosen to remove the 'Comments' column from the bin? Not only that but I have tried literally every tab I can conceivably have in my bin and not one of them (save tape ID which for obvious reason I will not be using) will allow you to input text. I have a library of DA music that stretches to over 500 tracks, and my first port of call on this gig was to go through and note my commetns on each "med-tempo", "Fast", "Building" etc.If I can't do this it will have a massive knock on effect for my work on this series. Please help.

• Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:08 AM In reply to

Re: WHERE IS MY COMMENTS COLUMN?

try the "journaliust" column.  i think thats what they renamed "comments" to. 

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:31 AM In reply to

Create your own one. Left click after the last existing name in your bin and a text box appears. Name it Comments. Slide that column to where you want it in your bin layout. Save your layout. Apply that layout to any bin you want comments in

You can make Avid create a comments column by going into the Capture tool. Change to Log mode enter data in for a fictitious clip and add a comment. log the shot. Avid will add a comments column to that bin

• Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:41 AM In reply to

• portomar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

thank you! works a charm

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller