Latest post Wed, Dec 31 2014 6:14 PM by Job ter Burg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 30 2014 5:18 PM

Avid Store Hangups

Are there issues with the Avid Store with the rush to get these licenses upgraded?

I have tried purchasing twice and it keeps hanging up on me when processing payment. Then I go back into my account and there are records of the orders but no ID information. My credit card company sees the purchases as pending but they haven't gone through.

I have sent three emails to the Webstore suppoort with no response. Is there anybody that knows how to handle or the best number to reach? I don't want to miss the deadline with my license upgrades.

Any advice is helpful

• Tue, Dec 30 2014 6:29 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Store Hangups

Hi Twelvemonkey1,

Send an email about this to marianna.montague@avid.com, and make sure you include your System ID and your master account email address plus your phone number.

Do not post your System ID on these forums!

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:46 PM In reply to

Well, I've done that but I am so worried I am going to miss this deadline now. I wish there was a dedicated phone number to sort out with an actual person.

I even attempted to purchase one license at a time and the store is now telling me I've exceeded the amount I'm allowed to add to checkout

• Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:50 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,107
    • Points 22,655

I know it can be frustrating BUT Marianna is the Queen of all things AVID and relax she will get the thing done for you she is a true saint.

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 31 2014 6:00 PM In reply to

Twelvemonkey1:

I have tried purchasing twice and it keeps hanging up on me when processing payment. Then I go back into my account and there are records of the orders but no ID information. My credit card company sees the purchases as pending but they haven't gone through.

I had the exact same problem and it took a couple of hours to finally resolve itself.  Take a screenshot of the charge with your bank showing you made the purchase before the deadline.   Then enjoy the New Year!  I'm sure they will get it sorted out soon.

Twelvemonkey1:
    I wish there was a dedicated phone number to sort out with an actual person.

As I've stated elsewhere, it's ironic there is no support person to help you purchase a "support contract." 

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Wed, Dec 31 2014 6:14 PM In reply to

Twelvemonkey1:
    Well, I've done that but I am so worried I am going to miss this deadline now.
    Marianna WILL get you sorted out.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller