Latest post Sun, Jan 11 2015 6:42 PM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 11 2015 12:56 PM

sRGB jpg -> rec709 mxf DNxHD 120

Hi all,

Beginners question.

I have jpg sequences in sRGB colorspace that I want to convert to rec709 mfx files (DNxHD 120).

I decided MetaFuze was the way to go. It converts a jpg sequence to mxf in a few seconds. However, I'm not sure the colorspaces are correct after the conversion. The "edit lut" button is disabled since I'm using jpgs instead of dpx/tiff.

What is the way to go? Does metafuze asume jpg to be sRGB by default (so there is no problem at all) or are there any settings that I have to change?

Or is it possible to tackle this problem later and interpet the footage as sRGB in Avid MediaComposer (the rest of the project is in rec709).

thanks!

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 11 2015 6:23 PM In reply to

Re: sRGB jpg -> rec709 mxf DNxHD 120

You can import a JPG sequence into MC justa s easily and there you have access to color levels etc.

I'd expect metafuse to treat jpgs as full range levels (0-255)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 11 2015 6:42 PM In reply to

Re: sRGB jpg -> rec709 mxf DNxHD 120

If your jpg files are sequentially numbered you can import them directly into MC.

File\mport  In the Options\Image choose RGB and check the Sequential Files option. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller