Latest post Fri, Jan 16 2015 6:18 AM by fiona16. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 15 2015 7:35 PM

• fiona16
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 22 2008
    • Posts 14
    • Points 160

Error: Unable to relink AMA clip to selected file. It may be compatible with the original.

Hi, we've been searching all the threads here but couldn't find a solution to our problem.

Using Avid MC 6.0.2 on a Mac Pro. We have Alexa Amari and Red files. When we did a test relinking a sequence to the RAW files in order to export the AAF and color grade in Resolve 11, we did not have any problems. All the Amari files relinked perfectly. But now that we're relinking a 20-minute sequence, it won't relink to the RAW files anymore! We've deleted and rebuilt the database files, relaunched the Avid, restarted the Mac, re-imported the Amari files, etc. But it still won't work. Help, please! Thank you!

Fiona and Newt

• Thu, Jan 15 2015 8:47 PM In reply to

Re: Error: Unable to relink AMA clip to selected file. It may be compatible with the original.

Do you need to relink back to the RAW for the AFF?  I don't use Alexa footage, but we always transcode RED footage to DNxHD and I never have to relink before sending the AAF to Resolve.  The colorist just conforms the AAF using the original RED files.  Doesn't that happen with Arri as well?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jan 16 2015 6:18 AM In reply to

• fiona16
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 22 2008
    • Posts 14
    • Points 160

Re: Error: Unable to relink AMA clip to selected file. It may be compatible with the original.

Did that but it didn't work. We relink back to the RAW to make sure that the Avid files correctly links to the RAW files. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller