Latest post Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:03 AM by Mondo. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 26 2015 10:02 AM In reply to

• aVienna
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 21 2006
    • Vienna
    • Posts 66
    • Points 750

Re: HP z420 MC 8.3 newblue v1 results in titler.dll not found error???

Hi Jeroen,

you may consider HP RGS instead of VNC. License on HP workstations is free.

1) MC Symphony 2018.12.3, HP Z420: Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2, 6 cores @3.50GHz, 40GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, Z TurboDrive 256GB as system disc, Thunderbolt 2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 26 2015 10:17 AM In reply to

Good idea. Thx. We have tested it in other setups... But because there were often also other non hp servers in a system we often chose a unversal solution like vnc... But that's not an issue in this setup.

I will test it on one machine and report the result.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Apr 30 2015 1:06 PM In reply to

Hi Jeroen, 

Hopefully vnc is just not displaying the interface correctly. When we do remote troubleshooting for customers we usually use TeamViewer, it works well with Titler and we've never seen it cause problems with our products. 

Let me know when you figure out if it's working or not! 

• Sat, May 16 2015 3:11 PM In reply to

Marcus Johnson:
    Hmm, it seems to be working okay for me. I know it's been a few days since your comment, can you try downloading again? Might be best to copy and paste the link

hi marcus i was able to take this link and get my copy of NB pro ver 1 working, now this my help a few people, I think that somewhere in all the version changes in MC7 thur to MC8 we where offerd NB pro v1.0 & NB pro v 2.0 I went to NB site and regesterd both copys so while fighting this problem i went to there site and, BINGO they have me listed and a d-load page to re d-load both, problem solved 

(video)Gigabyte Ga-Z87X-UD5H 4TH GENERATION I7 4770K INTEL 4600 ON BOARD GRAPHICS NVIDEIA Asus GeForce GTX 780ti (GPU 3gb ddr5 Memory)On board sound blaster... [view my complete system specs]

"When Everybody goes Right I Go Left" I Move "Just" a little Different

• Thu, May 21 2015 2:49 PM In reply to

Hi Marcus,

Today i was able to visit the customer again (for other reasons) but also found the time to have a look at the titler.dll problem.

The new 150330 version has not changed anything. The problem remains and vnc seems not related. Indeed through an rdp session the screen does not show the error message but is completely white. So my hopes that vnc was involved were misplaced.

I'm thinking of formatting one of the 3 systems to exclude any windows file corruption within the Windows 7 image that HP shipped with these systems although all 3 workstations have no other issues.

I found that in the Titler pro for windows folder there is a "turnonlogs.reg" file. Is there a way to have more analytical logs instead of just the "titler.dll is not found" error?

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Mon, May 25 2015 10:00 PM In reply to

Hi Jeroen, 

I had a thought - the computers that you're having trouble with, are they being used with an administrator account or a regular user account? And is Titler being installed under the same account? 

• Wed, May 27 2015 8:53 AM In reply to

Hi Marcus,

Yes they are. They have 2 accounts. The administrator and editor.

The install was done under the administrator account and I'm also testing under that account. The editor account is a power user and avid user. The problem appears under both users.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, May 28 2015 1:57 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Joachim,

I thought I had replied to your post... but it seems I didn't. Sorry as your help is appreciated.

Manually attempting to register the titler.dll results in an error saying that:

"The module titler.dll is loaded but the entry point DIIRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that titler.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again."

Jeroen - have you tried unregistering the dll and re-registering. Doesn't sound like the original installation registered the .dll correctly. 

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Thu, May 28 2015 3:59 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,627
    • Points 60,455

From the sounds of it, titler.dll is not a self-registering component. 

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Jun 29 2015 4:55 PM In reply to

Hi again all,

It's again been a while but I have some info that might help.

First of all trying to unregister gives the same error: "The module titler.dll is loaded but the entry point DIIRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that titler.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again."

After some googleing I found that the way to check correct registration of dll's is by using a program called dependency walker. http://www.dependencywalker.com/

The program returns this result:

Does this give some clues on what might be wrong?

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Sep 4 2015 3:59 PM In reply to

Bump.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Sep 9 2015 6:52 PM In reply to

Hi Jeroen, 

I sincerely apologize, at this point I'm honestly stumped as to what the issue might be. Can you please send an email to support@newblueinc.com describing the problem? I want to get some input from our engineers about what the issue might be, and the best way to do that will be to get your problem into our support system. Thank you again for your patience. 

• Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:05 PM In reply to

No problem Marcus,

I will open a support ticket at newblueinc.com.

• Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:35 PM In reply to

Done just now.

• Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:03 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Hi Jeroen

You could try this:

Note: Start Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps if you're unable to access Windows normally due to the msvcr90.dll error.

1. Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update and run it. This will replace/restore the msvcr90.dll with the most recent copy provided by Microsoft.

You're given several download options from Microsoft for this update, based on the version of Windows you have installed - x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit). See Am I Running a 32-bit or 64-bit Version of Windows? for help if you're not sure what to choose.

Important: Try your best to complete this step. Applying this update is almost always the solution to msvcr90.dll errors.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller