Latest post Mon, Feb 9 2015 4:20 PM by curiosity. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 2 2015 11:43 PM

Avid 8.3 Contract Expiry Message

We have a client coming in to hire our Avid suite tomorrow so I have been sorting out the updates so we're all ready to go.

We have the Avid Subscription licence, which is ative, so I went ahead and installed the updates to the Application Manager and Media Composer (having not realised there were potential issues yet) without deactivating the licence first.

I opened Media Composer and got the contract expiry error. I immediately checked out Avid's suggestions to fix this, so then deactivated and reactivated our licence. Reopened Media Composer and it's still there. Tried deactivating, restarting and then reactivating. Still there. Tried deactivating, uninstalling, reinstalling and reactivating. Still there.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Our client is coming in tomorrow afternoon and needs it up and working, in the latest version.

Thanks

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:12 AM In reply to

Re: Avid 8.3 Contract Expiry Message

I don't have a solution for you, but using trial mode will get you up and running if all else fails.  30 days, no restrictions at all.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:17 AM In reply to

junelleward:
    We have the Avid Subscription licence, which is ative,
    Is this really a Suibscription Licence? Or is it a Perpetual licence that has had the Avid support contract ($299) paid?

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:22 AM In reply to

Hi Andrew. It is definitely the subscription licence.

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:23 AM In reply to

usatraveler:

I don't have a solution for you, but using trial mode will get you up and running if all else fails.  30 days, no restrictions at all.

Thanks for the suggestion. If worst comes to worst I might just do that :)

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 2:04 AM In reply to

junelleward:
    definitely the subscription licence
    Ok did you try this from the 8.3 readme

A licensing database is created when you first launch Media Composer or when you first launch Application Manager. With the release of Application Manager v2.2 and Media Composer v8.3, the way in which the licensing database is created has changed. Media Composer v8.3 is compatible with Application Manager v2.2. However, if you update to Application Manager v2.2 and attempt to launch a version of Media Composer prior to v8.3 and you had deleted the license database before launching Application Manager v2.2, the editing application will not launch. If you experience this, you can do one of the following:

Uninstall Application Manager v2.2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Media Composer version (prior to v8.3). The earlier version of the editing application will install a compatible Application Manager. 

• Upgrade to Media Composer v8.3.

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 2:08 AM In reply to

AndrewAction:

junelleward:
    definitely the subscription licence
    Ok did you try this from the 8.3 readme

A licensing database is created when you first launch Media Composer or when you first launch Application Manager. With the release of Application Manager v2.2 and Media Composer v8.3, the way in which the licensing database is created has changed. Media Composer v8.3 is compatible with Application Manager v2.2. However, if you update to Application Manager v2.2 and attempt to launch a version of Media Composer prior to v8.3 and you had deleted the license database before launching Application Manager v2.2, the editing application will not launch. If you experience this, you can do one of the following:

Uninstall Application Manager v2.2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Media Composer version (prior to v8.3). The earlier version of the editing application will install a compatible Application Manager. 

• Upgrade to Media Composer v8.3.

I have uninstalled Application Manager and Media Composer then reinstalled 8.3. However I haven't retried installing an earlier version. I'll give that a go and see what happens.

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 2:13 AM In reply to

FWIW (on a Dongle based system here) I went back to 8.2.x (with Application Manager 2.1) without any issues last weekend.
    Good luck

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 3:39 AM In reply to

Nope, rolling back to a previous version and trying the update again hasn't helped. I'm still getting the contract expiry message.

I could probably go back to 8.2.x but our client specifically requested the latest version of Avid, as they are bringing in a project which has been worked on somewhere else.

Possibly the trial idea might be the way to go just for tomorrow but I really need to get the suite running okay in the long term.

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 3:42 AM In reply to

junelleward:

Nope, rolling back to a previous version and trying the update again hasn't helped. I'm still getting the contract expiry message.

I could probably go back to 8.2.x but our client specifically requested the latest version of Avid, as they are bringing in a project which has been worked on somewhere else.

Possibly the trial idea might be the way to go just for tomorrow but I really need to get the suite running okay in the long term.

Actually have just checked if I can do a trial, and Media Composer says 'Trial period not available' so that's not going to work :(

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 4:42 AM In reply to

Have a look at this thread  Posts by Keith Gerrard or Marianna

Or this one

• Mon, Feb 9 2015 4:20 PM In reply to

• curiosity
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boulder, CO
    • Posts 832
    • Points 10,505

I don't know if you are working on a Windows or Mac system, but on my Windows system I was having terrible trouble getting licensing to work (on my dongle system) when rolling back to 6.5. Turns out when you uninstall the Application/Licensing Manager it leaves a whole bunch of files in C:\ApplicationData\Avid\ (Hidden System Directory).

Once I deleted that folder and re-installed everything worked perfectly going forward (to 8.3) and back (to 6.5).

i7-5820(x99), 64GB, Win 8.1, GTX 1080ti [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller