Latest post Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:54 PM by PePeGagnon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 3 2015 10:28 AM

• Nikolai H
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 27 2012
    • Norway
    • Posts 20
    • Points 265

Batch import not working; The file name or path cannot be processed correctly.

I had a few files go offline, and I want to batch import them to make them go online again.

I have the original files, so I link to them in the batch import tool.

After the import bar is at 100% the following message appears:

error message

(edit: my system language is in UK English, my keyboard settings are in Norwegian. I've had these settings for years without any issue)

I then get this message:

error2

This is the console message: (which is totally different from the first error message)

console message

The files are offline, I don't know why it's saying I have the files on my target drive.

Any way I can force Avid to batch import the files?

HP Z420 3.60Ghz 16GB RAM. [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:11 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,305

Re: Batch import not working; The file name or path cannot be processed correctly.

Nikolai H:

I had a few files go offline, and I want to batch import them to make them go online again.

I have the original files, so I link to them in the batch import tool.

Hi Nikolai, you are mixing the terms here.

When you import clips new avid media is created and if you loose that media a batch import will recreate that avid media

When you ama link no new media is created and if you loose that link in a future you just need to link to that media once again, maybe it have been moved to a new folder or drive.

So, how was the media originally brought inside your project , was it linked or imported , two totally different kind od workflows

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:26 AM In reply to

• Nikolai H
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 27 2012
    • Norway
    • Posts 20
    • Points 265

Re: Batch import not working; The file name or path cannot be processed correctly.

The files in question was imported through an AAF.

It is all audio files.

The AAF I imported had the files embedded, but I also have the embedded files as .wavs  - if that makes any sense. 

Which might be the reason the batch import is not working as I want it to. 

I can import the whole sound AAF again, but this won't relink my current clips.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is messy, I'm trying to figure this out myself.

HP Z420 3.60Ghz 16GB RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:36 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,305

Ok, thanks, it seems like that the file that doesn´t want to relink have been moved to another place since the aaf was originally created, maybe those more used to fixing broken aaf workflows will come to your rescue here.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:25 PM In reply to

• PePeGagnon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 27 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Probably somewhere in your path you have a folder with a special character. like * or % or something. That's all.

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:33 PM In reply to

PePeGagnon:

Probably somewhere in your path you have a folder with a special character. like * or % or something. That's all.

While it may be that the OP had special characters in their file path, this thread is 3 years old. Just FYI.

Media Composer 2018.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:54 PM In reply to

• PePeGagnon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 27 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

So what it's 3 years old. I had to search for that error today and found the answer. So if someone is getting this error they will have an answer. Where I work they still are on windows7, not my setup ;)
    JP

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller