Latest post Mon, Feb 9 2015 12:13 AM by curiosity. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 9 2015 12:13 AM

• curiosity
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boulder, CO
    • Posts 832
    • Points 10,505

LegacyOverlay Disabled?

I have a massively out-of-spec (it's 7 years old and has no right to run anything modern) system I use in the field to do quick edits which has been functioning fne. However, recently I had cause to re-install Windows and in the process of re-installing all of my applications, that Avid was no longer functioning.

It took me a while to track down the issue, and it seems to be this: The Console command "legacyoverlay on" no longer "sets" the Avid to "Force Overlay." In fact it doesn't matter what you set it to "on" or "off" they both "Disable Force Overlay"

Holding down "L" and "O" during startup works flawlessly. I just can't set that option in Console. This seems to have stopped working as of MC 6.0.

The workaround, which seems to fix this: Install MC 5.5.4 - set the Overlay to "On." Then, install 6/6.5 or 7 over the top of the older version WITHOUT unistalling and the setting seems to stick.

Any brilliant ideas on how to do this without the chain of installs?

i7-5820(x99), 64GB, Win 8.1, GTX 1080ti [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller