Latest post Mon, Mar 2 2015 4:14 PM by SamDogDigital. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:17 PM

What's the best/fastest way to watermark outputs with text?

Let me explain the current workflow I have, and I'd love to hear any and all thoughts about how to speed this process up.

We output a same as source quicktime with a "Property of Company" as well as the reel name, date, and LFOA information as a title graphic over the picture. That single quicktime then runs through MPEG streamclip to compress for a few different people and we have MPEG add another overlay with their individual names on there. This process takes time.

I've heard that compressor can do this, and I'd love to be able to export one clean SAS file and drag and drop onto various droplets with all this stuff set up, but there are two issues I'm running into:

1. The dreaded "Compressor can't handle DNx codecs." In my experience, and many others, for some reason it fades to a reddish hue and doesn't actually compress the video.
    2. Every time I try and set up compressor to compress to DNx36 it crashes instantly when I select that codec from the list. This seems to be a more localized issue with me, but I think others have experienced this as well.
    Any help you guys can provide in beefing up this workflow would be helpful!

• Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:38 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,407
    • Points 41,115

Re: What's the best/fastest way to watermark outputs with text?

You can add a watermark inside MPEG Streamclip.  Look under adjustments.

Very limited, but free.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sat, Feb 28 2015 11:04 PM In reply to

Check out Squeeze. Allows you to add watermarks, save your own presets (including the watermarks), and the pro version lets you compress watch folders. Create a preset for each name, export the SAS to the watch folder, and Squeeze will output the various versions.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 2 2015 5:27 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Job ter Burg:

Check out Squeeze. Allows you to add watermarks, save your own presets (including the watermarks), and the pro version lets you compress watch folders. Create a preset for each name, export the SAS to the watch folder, and Squeeze will output the various versions.

Job - you don't need the Pro version for watch folders, just the desktop version. The only difference I can detect with the Pro version is the ability to render directly to MXF files...

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:44 AM In reply to

Ah, thanks, I stand corrected then. 

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 2 2015 4:14 PM In reply to

I use and like the latest version of Adobe Media Encoder which will read and write DNxHD as well as inserting the watermark.

Lee

Daytime Gig Gear Hardware: HP Z820 32gb ram • AJA Kona LHi • Xtore 5tb RAID • NVidia Quadro 5000 • JVC 24" HD-SDI monitor • Avid Artist Color &... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller