Latest post Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:06 AM by camoscato. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 4 2015 12:16 AM

• swnp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 3 2015
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Need Help! Custom audio outputs

Locked Contact

Hello,

In FCP7 when finished an edit I need to send the audio to the post audio house. I do so by splitting the audio into 2 outputs 1 for production audio and vo and the 2nd for sfx and music. I can go to sequence settings, then audio and change it to dual mono allowing me the ability to send my audio to 2 outputs.

Then on the timeline I can send my production audio and vo to output 1 and sfx and music to output 2. I do this by right clicking on the audio channel and then I can choose output 1 or 2.

Is there a way to this in media composer. I'm working in 8. Thanks so much!

• Wed, Mar 4 2015 7:31 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,126
    • Points 12,775

Re: Need Help! Custom audio outputs

Locked Contact

Normally this is done via exporting an AAF (or OMF in FCP7)

This gives much more flexibility to the dub.

• Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:06 AM In reply to

Re: Need Help! Custom audio outputs

Locked Contact

Hi Scott,

Please don't post the same question more than once.  If you still need help on an existing thread, reply to it with the word "bump" to move it back to the top of the list and let people know you need more help.

Anyone else who wants to help, go to this link:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132762.aspx

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller