Latest post Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:57 PM by JNDowning. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 29 2015 5:05 PM

• JNDowning
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 13 2013
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Unable to activate Support Contract

Hi,

Unbeknownst to me, one of our editors here never activated his Avid Annual Support Contract last August when we purchased it. He's been working in v7 and I went to activate his Support Code on the Avid site and it says it's not valid. Since he didn't activate his support last year, I can't seem to contact support using his System ID and activate this to get him on v8. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro (2013) 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.9.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Sat, May 30 2015 6:53 AM In reply to

Re: Unable to activate Support Contract

There was a problem with support contract activations over the last few days, but they think they've fixed it now.  I'd suggest trying again, and if it doesn't work reply to this thread.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 11 2015 6:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,214
    • Points 218,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

JNDowning....

Did your support contract activate?  Where you able to redeem the redemption code?

email me off forum if you still need help.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:57 PM In reply to

• JNDowning
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 13 2013
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Marianna,

Thanks for checking in. Everything was resolved this week and he was able to get v8 activated.

Nathan

Mac Pro (2013) 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.9.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller