Latest post Sat, Jan 9 2016 2:42 PM by Rihafilm. 62 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:01 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

IMPORTANT - Support|Upgrade Plan Renewal Information

VERY IMPORTANT

1.  If you bought your original support/upgrade plan or subscription through the Avid web store, and you have turned auto renewal on..... then we will just renew your support /upgrade plan or subscription for you on your expiration date as long as your Credit Card is valid.

2.  If you bought your suppport/upgrade plan or subscription from a reseller or a distributor like Videoguys, then you have to turn off auto-renewal and then buy your plan or subscription again and redeem the code based on my note below.

3.   If you don't want to do that even though you bought from the Avid Store  - i.e. have Avid automatically renew from your Credit Card or if that Credit Card has changed in some way -  you would have to do the upgrade manually - so turn it off auto-renewal tand you will get the renewal link to move forward.

Note:   Before anyone begins the renewal of their support/upgrade plan that is about to expire and was NOT bought on the Avid Store, you MUST log in to your Master Account and turn OFF the auto-renewal process.   Turning this off will add a new link to the Media Composer | Software section and you will now have a " renewal" link located under the Auto-renewal on/off area. Click on the new " renewal " link and that is where you should be redeeming the redemption code.

Go to this document:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/how_to/Media-Composer-Renewal-Process   

Kate is going to update the document to make it crystal clear.

Questions - let me know

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Jun 7 2015 9:18 PM In reply to

Re: IMPORTANT - Support|Upgrade Plan Renewal Information

Good Afternoon,

I bought the perpetual product through Avid.com. I have auto-renewal for support on but it did not renew and my support plan expired May 27th. 

In the application manager it shows it is expired. When I log into my account from the "upgrade" link, it shows that Standard Support is "active" while the dates are clearly expired.

Long story short... I want to renew but how?

Thanks!

Ken

MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5, 2.7ghz Core i7, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, Avid MC 8.0. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 7 2015 9:26 PM In reply to

Nevermind... I followed the directions!  ;)  

MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5, 2.7ghz Core i7, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, Avid MC 8.0. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 8 2015 2:18 PM In reply to

• caamada
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 27 2011
    • Posts 12
    • Points 130

Marianna.  Avid will send me some reminder of the autorenewal? In case there's a problem with the credit card, I 'll be notified to do it manually?

Thanks

Dario

• Wed, Jun 10 2015 3:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Dario

If you bought from the Avid Store - we will email you at least 2 x's 45 days and 30 days... I also think we do 60 but would need to check but I definately know you get at least 2 emails.   

If you bought from a reseller or Distributor like Videoguys.com then they would email / call you but if you dont renew we also email you at the 30 day mark in case you are not alerted.  

either way - you get notified

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jun 10 2015 3:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

kjraimondi:

Nevermind... I followed the directions!  ;)  

I almost fell off my chair.  LOLOLOL   

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Jun 23 2015 6:26 PM In reply to

• cmush
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 25 2012
    • Posts 45
    • Points 545

I've got a question-  I recently renewed my support plans for the 5 licenses I have.  Under Media Composer | Software subscriptions it now correctly reads that my support plan lasts until 2016.  The support tab on my Application Manager still says that the contract is expired.  Does it take some time for the application manager to update its information?  Or should I be worried?

• Tue, Jun 23 2015 6:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Takes a bit of time as the appman connects to the server periodically.

Dont worry.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Aug 6 2015 10:54 AM In reply to

• SaraPJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 21 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hi Marianna

I've just noticed that my support contract ran out in May and I definitely wasn't emailed at all with a reminder even though I bought from the Avid store. So now there's no option to upgrade on my Products page - what can I do about this? Very disappointed in this as I've owned a copy of Avid for about 6 years and presumed it would either auto-renew or I'd be notified that I needed to take action. Have I lost all of my long-term customer perks?! Thanks, Sara

• Thu, Aug 6 2015 1:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Sara

no worries.... I am out the next 2 days so if this can til Monday that would be great but if not email me direct and I will assist you today.

marianna

p.s. Better yet email me anyway so I take care of this via email

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:09 PM In reply to

• Chris Medico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 24 2006
    • Central NC
    • Posts 375
    • Points 4,685

You can add me to the list of people that bought the subscription and its expired due to not being notified that it needed to be renewed.

How do we fix this? I don't have an option to rewnew in my account now that its expired.

Primary: Intel i7-3930k @ 4.2ghz, 16gig RAM, Nvidia GTS250, Windows-7 64bit, MC 6.0.3 System 2: Intel i7-920 @ 3.2ghz, 12 Gig Ram, nVidia GTX670... [view my complete system specs]

I've not opened Liquid since early 2011. I miss the old girl but life is change.

• Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Chris Medico:

You can add me to the list of people that bought the subscription and its expired due to not being notified that it needed to be renewed.

How do we fix this? I don't have an option to rewnew in my account now that its expired.

Please email me off forums your avid email account for me to check. As well as your system ID.

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Oct 30 2015 8:48 PM In reply to

• fredthe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 27 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 28
    • Points 385

Although not due to expire for 3 weeks, add me as another user who not only didn't get the update notice, but the subscription is missing from "My Subscriptions" so I can;'t even see if it's set to auto-renew.  I'll me emailing you directly.

• Wed, Nov 4 2015 7:43 AM In reply to

Hi,

is there a way to get a bill for my tax declaration? Paper or pdf. Didn´t get one last year, and would need that as well...

Thanks

Thomas

i7 3.4 GHz | Asus HERO Z170 | 32GB Ram | Quadro k620 | Intensity Pro 4K | WIN7 64bit Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 4 2015 1:19 PM In reply to

• Chris Medico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 24 2006
    • Central NC
    • Posts 375
    • Points 4,685

After seeing how renewal works this year I'm going to buy the renewal code from B&H and enter it on the Avid website.

Since I buy virtually all my business gear from B&H it makes it easy to go print all the invoices for the previous year at tax time. I didn't know I could buy the renewal from them but now that I see I can that is how I'll do it from now on.

Edit - You may want to check with an AV reseller in your area to see if you can purchase the codes from them.

Primary: Intel i7-3930k @ 4.2ghz, 16gig RAM, Nvidia GTS250, Windows-7 64bit, MC 6.0.3 System 2: Intel i7-920 @ 3.2ghz, 12 Gig Ram, nVidia GTX670... [view my complete system specs]

I've not opened Liquid since early 2011. I miss the old girl but life is change.

Page 1 of 5 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller