Latest post Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:09 AM by carlgmi. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 25 2015 3:20 AM

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 754
    • Points 9,340

NewBlue Titler Pro 3 and 4? NB not good at fixing issues?

Hi all

After a flurry of helpful support emails from NB over problems I was having with NB3 last year, NB have gone conspicuously quiet. Even my lates email to them to remind them of the issue has gone unanswered.  My problems with NB3 render it next to useless and a waste of money:

Projects in MC that are 1920x1080 are actually created in 1438x something - not a standard res, resulting in horrible steppy backgrounds if you set a shape with a grad.  This has been confirmed by NB - still no fix 12 months on.

You cant copy and paste stage elements on the stage - you have to copy them on the timeline - and the timeline is mess to use at the best of times.

Incredibly s l o w render performance on static titles.

Titles split in the MC timeline retained the attributes of the other title - change one, they both change.

These have been tested by Marcus, tested by me on 2 completely rebuilt systems with clean installs and MC 8.1 > 8.4.  Support started trying to help me and the last point was fixed.  Collectively the rest leave me using Marquee and Boris/AE for titles when I would dearly love to leave Marquee for simple dot points and lower thirds.  As it is NB3 lives on the shelf unused.

Roll on NB4 - upgrade now!.... I emailed NB and asked - "as I dont have a working copy of NB3, will you upgrade me for free to a version that perhaps works without these issues" - a long shot but I do feel NB has let me down on this purchase.  Very quickly a reply from support, "no I can't promise you an upgrade but let's try and fix the issues you are still having". (note - paraphrasing all quotes!).  I copy and pasted my correspondnece with Marcus, pointed them at Marcus who had been working on it and waited... "try this latest  patch" was the reply.  Tried, wasted another couple of hours testing and replying - no change to the bugs.  And now silence... nothing, no response.  A question I put was "does NB4 address any of these issues" - for $99 I'd pony up in a shot (even if I feel I deserve a freebee) as it's not the money, it's the principle. But no answer.

So fellow professional MC users - how has everyone else found NB3/4 software and support?  Initially I was impressed but now not so.  On the issues I have described, has anyone else found this to be the case?  The simplest to test is the grad/project size issue:

Open MC
    Add a NB3 title
    Place a full screen shape on the stage and add a grad
    Go to project info and see what size it reports your project - note - mine is some nonsence size of 14xx x 9xx
    Note also the smoothness of the grad - looks fine to me at this stage
    Save the project so you can open it in standalone NB3
    Apply to timeline - note grad now - steppy and horrible in my case.
    Exit MC and open NB3 standalone and open your project - note size - it really is those funny dimensions!

I work on 1920x1200 Dells x 2 - I had a thought that perhaps NB based its project size on the size of stage it could create which in turn has something to do with screen res - seems unlikely though.

Yours kindly, frustrated editor.

MC8.10 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. NewBlue Titler 6... [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

UME an old engine, now with 4K, mags and furry dice....

• Wed, Jul 29 2015 6:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: NewBlue Titler Pro 3 and 4? NB not good at fixing issues?

I just sent this to Todor at NewBlue ao he can read it and jump in or have Marcus respond.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:26 AM In reply to

BUG: Titler Pro 4 produces blurry Images!!

Please take a look at this....:

without TP4

with TP 4 - blurry!!

settings

build

settings

this plugin will cost us a lot of money ..
    can not the deadline to comply with
    frustration, frustration, frustration...

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:33 AM In reply to

Want my good old tittle tool back - in 4K!!!!

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:45 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,627
    • Points 60,455

Did you render the effect? Still see the green dot in those images. 

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 12:39 PM In reply to

Yes!

In both cases the same issue. This is a export image (4K) directly from Media Composer

final rendering

With best wishes...

Carsten

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 12:50 PM In reply to

... a comparison:

without Titler Pro 4, Magnification 2x

with Titler Pro 4, Magnification 2x

Render quality - Full HD (look at the "M"), Magnification 1x

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 2:51 PM In reply to

Carsten, are you using a 3d face or 2d face for your text? 

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:11 PM In reply to

I supose, this is 2D?

Carsten

• Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:31 PM In reply to

Marcus, you are from NB?

I want give you access on my system…. It's a Mac..

It is possible? Now…?
  • Tue, Aug 4 2015 12:41 AM In reply to

tvnetzwerk:

Marcus, you are from NB?

I want give you access on my system…. It's a Mac..

It is possible? Now…?

Hi Carsten, 

Yes, I do work for NewBlue. If you don't mind, can you please file a support request at our website? I think that would be the fastest way to get help for your issue. You can file a support request here and someone should get back to you shortly:

https://www.newbluefx.com/about/contact

• Thu, Aug 6 2015 7:40 AM In reply to

I have...

they are working for days, supposedly top priority. They have solved the issue, but create a new at the same time!

strange company...

Why avid those people trusts, it is a mystery to me...

• Thu, Aug 6 2015 10:30 AM In reply to

I was one of those people who actually paid for NewBlue Titler 1.0.  It never worked very well. 

Later, Avid would end up bundling NewBlue Titler 2.0 with Media Composer, but since I was already on an Avid subscription plan I apparently did not qualify to receive it. 

Now I still get upgrade offers in my email to upgrade to Titler 4.0 for a fairly decent price ... yet when I try to actually purchase, I'm told that I don't qualify for the upgrade (??).  

I'm stuck in limbo with a paid copy of Titler 1.0 that does not perform well enough to be used on MC 8.4, yet doesn't qualify for any upgrade pricing. 

There's my little rant.  I hope they fix this issue for you.  Titler looks like it has great potential. 

Home: 2012 rMBP 2.6ghz, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.10.5, MC 8.4.1 || Work: HP Z400, Win7 Professional, MC 6.5, ISIS/Interplay @danielfrome on twitter [view my complete system specs]

Avid GoPro

• Fri, Aug 7 2015 11:20 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,627
    • Points 60,455

Hi Daniel - contact Marcus and he should be able to help. TP 4 has come quite a long way from TP 1.0. Not perfect, but quite useful. 

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Fri, Aug 7 2015 7:29 PM In reply to

Daniel Frome:

Now I still get upgrade offers in my email to upgrade to Titler 4.0 for a fairly decent price ... yet when I try to actually purchase, I'm told that I don't qualify for the upgrade (??).  

Hi Daniel.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing the upgrade. Your copy of Titler Pro 1 certainly qualifies for the upgrade and I’m happy to make sure the sale price is honored for you.  Can you please send an email to support@newblueinc.com with the email address you used to register your copy of Titler Pro 1 so that we can get you the appropriate upgrade information?

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller