Latest post Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:09 AM by carlgmi. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 7 2015 7:32 PM In reply to

Re: NewBlue Titler Pro 3 and 4? NB not good at fixing issues?

Hi Carsten,

Thank you for filing a ticket with our support team and helping us to identify this bug. Also, thank you for confirming that the latest build we sent fixed the issue this morning.  I am very glad to hear that you are up and running now.

As you are aware this was fixed in several stages.  First the 4K resolution was not being rendered correctly which caused the blurry images.  We were able to solve that problem on Monday, but still faced challenges when working with GPUs with relatively low memory, such as your own.  That is why the stepping issue was introduced for you along with the fix.  Finally our development team added further optimizations so that video cards with lower resources could still render the 4K titles properly.

We do appreciate you cooperation in helping get this resolved.  I know you mentioned you are still having some other, more minor issues, so when you are ready I am happy to help get them worked out for you.

• Fri, Aug 7 2015 8:21 PM In reply to

Carl, 

Sorry for the slow reply, I just wanted to double check a couple of things with our technicians. As I understand it the resolution issue you've been experiencing should be fixed with the latest Titler Pro 4 build. You should be receiving a link to download it soon if you haven't already. Please let me know how it works for you.

• Mon, Aug 17 2015 4:44 AM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 754
    • Points 9,340

Hi Marcus

V4 fixes the resolution issue and the speed is much improved now too.  I am happy to roll this out for use now but I am still waiting to hear what NB plan to do for me with this in terms of the upgrade/bug fix...  The "steppy" grad issue remains so the workaround is NOT to use NB4 to create grad backgrounds with shapes.  Also the cut and paste from the stage/preview window issue remains - you can copy/paste a layer in the timeline but not from the preview window.

Over to you.  Keen to sort this out before starting the next project so a decision on workflow can be made.

Carl

MC8.10 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. NewBlue Titler 6... [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

UME an old engine, now with 4K, mags and furry dice....

• Mon, Aug 24 2015 11:23 PM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 754
    • Points 9,340

Less than impressed.... So NB4 fixes the resolution clanger that was in NB3 - great, NB3 was for me a total waste of money.  Having alerted NB that NB4 did fix that issue and was now usable in my work environment I am "on hold" to see if they will upgrade me to NB4 for free since NB3 didn't work as advertised.  Well, 2 weeks on, repeated emails to Marcus and Caleb and nada, no answer.  I had a new project I have embarked on this week that I need to set up templates for.  Well NB4 has missed the boat and with it my last good will towards this company.  Boris/AE and yes, Marquee are on the starting line as we commence.

So much promise, but ultimately a company and product I have lost any faith in and wont be relying on them to provide professional solutions in our workflow. :(

MC8.10 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. NewBlue Titler 6... [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

• Thu, Sep 3 2015 6:46 PM In reply to

Hi Carl,

First of all I am very sorry for your experience.  It certainly did not meet the standards we try to maintain with our support.  There was an internal mixup and I am very sorry it caused your replies to go unnoticed.  I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I have provided a free license for Titler Pro 4 to your account and replied to your support ticket with the serial number.  We have taken steps to ensure this type of miscommunication does not occur in the future.  

Again, please accept my sincere apology and let me know if I can be of further assistance regarding your products.

• Fri, Sep 4 2015 1:00 PM In reply to

Marcus Johnson:

Hi Daniel.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing the upgrade. Your copy of Titler Pro 1 certainly qualifies for the upgrade and I’m happy to make sure the sale price is honored for you.  Can you please send an email to support@newblueinc.com with the email address you used to register your copy of Titler Pro 1 so that we can get you the appropriate upgrade information?

Sorry for the late reply.  I have sent the email.  Hopefully we can get it sorted. Thanks for your help!

daniel

Home: 2012 rMBP 2.6ghz, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.10.5, MC 8.4.1 || Work: HP Z400, Win7 Professional, MC 6.5, ISIS/Interplay @danielfrome on twitter [view my complete system specs]

Avid GoPro

• Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:09 AM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 754
    • Points 9,340

Hi Caleb

I appriciate the gesture with the upgrade.  We will trial NB 4 on the next project as I believe it has a lot of potential.

Cheers, Carl

Vote 1 - Dongles.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller