Latest post Sun, Jan 8 2017 5:16 PM by Jason Sedmak. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 31 2015 11:23 AM

Transfer Modes

Please add a Transfer Mode in effect palette directly in MC.

Is ridicolous that you need a 1K$ plug in for to do a simple thing like this. How is possible that all the other editing software can do it natively but not Media Composer? 

I need an answere [:'(]

• Mon, Aug 31 2015 2:25 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,373
    • Points 16,955

Re: Transfer Modes

There are transfer modes available in the paint effect.  Perhaps not as elegant an implementation as you or I would wish, but certainly less than $1K.

• Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:09 AM In reply to

Hi smrpix. Yes

I know the possibility on paint effects but I, and maybe WE, need make transfer modes between two different clip on different layers (V2 over V1) like all the other editing software in the world.

I need an answare by the avid engineers.. I need to know why they don't want insert this tool directly in the opacity options.

How can we do this without spend other money..???????? 

• Tue, Sep 1 2015 5:49 PM In reply to

There are a few things like this which have confused me for years... transfer modes are kind of fundamental.

• Thu, Sep 3 2015 11:43 PM In reply to

+1

long time pending request

Avid Mediacomposer 6.5.0 Mac/PC with Nitris [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 17 2015 10:12 PM In reply to

• John Adams
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 23 2013
    • Vancouver, BC
    • Posts 59
    • Points 670

• Mon, Sep 21 2015 3:42 PM In reply to

• fss_
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 16 2015
    • New York City
    • Posts 80
    • Points 880

+1, ASAP 

MacProlate 2013 // AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB // OS 10.14.6 // 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 // 24 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC // MC 8.8.5 [view my complete system specs]

--

keep on cutting 

• Mon, Sep 21 2015 3:54 PM In reply to

Yes long time request and much wanted needed.

But not a simple thing to add into Media Composer.

MCs legacy of how it handles effects doesn't make that addition an easy bolt on.

The current Alpha support is a bolt on to an older system and thats why Matte clips are treated so differently. So much you can't do with them.

No DS used to have some create Compositing tools and many hoped the EOL of DS could see some of that fucntionality move to MC but it seems now.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Sep 22 2015 5:39 AM In reply to

Pat Horridge:

Yes long time request and much wanted needed.

But not a simple thing to add into Media Composer.

MCs legacy of how it handles effects doesn't make that addition an easy bolt on.

The current Alpha support is a bolt on to an older system and thats why Matte clips are treated so differently. So much you can't do with them.

No DS used to have some create Compositing tools and many hoped the EOL of DS could see some of that fucntionality move to MC but it seems now.

but if Boris and Saphirre can "bolt it on", how come Avid developers cant create a similiar effect? Others have already bolted it on for them, it just costs anarm and a leg for simple effect thats stock on all the other NLE's. 

I own bcc but i still think its rediculous. 

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 13 2015 9:37 AM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 922
    • Points 10,730

+1

It should be done by Avid, for sure. 

But I wonder why nobody is creating a simple transfer plug-in for let's say $20. I think almost every advanced Media Composer user would buy that.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

• Tue, Oct 13 2015 10:42 AM In reply to

• Edit Jack
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 13 2015
    • Germany
    • Posts 19
    • Points 235

+1

Please add a Transfer Mode in effect palette directly in MC !!

Since my update to AVID 8.4. I can't work anymore with Avid FX to do transfer modes. And there is no other free plugin available.

I wonder why a amateur software like FCP have this option but not the professional software like AVID..

ONE: AVID Media Composer 8.8.1 // Mac Pro (End 2013) // 3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 // 64 GB RAM / 2xAMD FirePro D500 3072 MB // RAID Promise Pegasus2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 13 2015 6:15 PM In reply to

Tommy Mendhoza:
    Is ridicolous that you need a 1K$ plug in for to do a simple thing like this
    Look at the  Edit Connection AVX (free) from Black Magic with Fusion (free) from BM.  Currently a learning curve to make work but with a little patience will give you as many blending modes as you like AND a great titling among a myriad of various other very usefull tools including versioning and true background rendering.

A free webinar on these tools integration with Avid on the 27th of this month. See here 

• Sat, Nov 21 2015 10:01 PM In reply to

not free but not crazy expensve either. 

http://www.macvideopromo.com/products/boris-red-upgrade?mc_cid=16eb16fcdc&mc_eid=6e8d3a3d1c

last day to get transfer modes for 200 bucks. 

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 2 2016 11:44 AM In reply to

• buba
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 17 2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 29
    • Points 340

+1

Also waiting for native transfer modes in Avid for years! Using Avid since Xpress version 3 -  and still we dont get simple transfer modes!!! Come on Avid- whats the matter? Plugin Vendors are also able to add a plugin that provides those blending modes!

Macbook Pro 2017 with Avid Standard Support Plan // www.faridmartin.de [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 3 2016 3:22 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

I have just written an effect that includes transfer functions in Cg for another NLE.  Certainly they are incredibly simple to implement.

For example an add can be produced by doing a linear interpolation between the background layer and the clipped sum of the foreground and background.  Even the most primitive effects tools provide those functions.  A screen is little more complex, involving a couple of inversions as well.  The hardest would be a toss up between overlay and hard light, but even then it's still comparitively simple mathematics.

Avid, I can do it, and I'm teaching myself a new (to me) graphics programming language at the age of 73.  Surely it can't be that hard for your programmers.  Even if it is considered hard the algorithms to do it are readily available.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller