Latest post Tue, Sep 15 2015 2:03 PM by tmaclenn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 11 2015 5:00 PM

• tmaclenn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 11 2015
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

MC 7.0.3 Trim Mode Error (timeline & composer window disappear)

I have searched high and low through the forums to find someone with a similar problem and haven't found anything, hence why I have created an account to make this post, so forgive me if I am unknowingly retredding familiar waters.

Here are my editor's specs...

- MacBook Pro 15" Retina from mid 2014

- OS X 10.9.4, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB

- Dual screen set-up, primary screen is Apple Thunderbolt 2560x1440, secondary screen (with timeline & composer windows) is Apple LED Cinema 1920x1200

Whenever he is in trim mode, the moment he clicks the timecode bar in the timeline, the composer window and timeline window move to the primary display where all of the bins are.

Even when working on only his laptop screen, when he clicks the timecode bar in the timeline in trim mode, the timeline dissapears and the composer window moves down the screen.

You can imagine how this would be very frustrating when working with clients. We have tried many different solutions involving Avid settings and system preferences to no avail.

Any help that could be provided would be fantastic. Let me know if you need any more information from me.

All the best,

Tim

• Sat, Sep 12 2015 11:37 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,055
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: MC 7.0.3 Trim Mode Error (timeline & composer window disappear)

See if Workspace Linking is enabled in the Settings (it will have a check mark).  If it is, try turning it off.

If that doesn't work, try a new user setting.  Sometimes user settings don't travel well between versions.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Tue, Sep 15 2015 1:14 PM In reply to

• tmaclenn
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Thanks hbrock.

Upon switching editing suites we have realized that the problem only occurs when the primary screen is on the RIGHT SIDE, or when he is working solely off of his laptop.

Not sure if this sheds any more light on the problem. We haven't updated Avid or his user profile in a long time so I can't see that being the problem.

Cheers,

Tim

• Tue, Sep 15 2015 1:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,214
    • Points 218,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

tmaclenn

Can you email me this information including your spec's so I can create a case and see if they can produce it and if its a bug, log it

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Sep 15 2015 2:03 PM In reply to

• tmaclenn
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Thanks Marianna,

Sent the email.

Tim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller