Latest post Tue, Nov 3 2015 7:18 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 3 2015 4:32 AM

• James
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 19 2015
    • Sydney
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180

MC 8.3 - Blur effect for oval/face tracking

I need to apply a temp face blur where the camera crash zooms and shakes etc. I apply the blur effect to the clip in my timeline, create a oval shape around the face that I need to blur. From there I am manually keyframing to follow the subject. The problem is the effect always wants to be at the original position at the last frame. This is making the effect very choppy when trying to smoothly track.

How do I apply the oval blur effect and manually track the shape following the subjects face without Avid wanting to force track it to the original position. How do I set the position of the last frame? 

MAC OS X 10.11.4 Mac Pro (Late 2013) 2.7GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC Macintosh SSD AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 3 2015 7:18 AM In reply to

Re: MC 8.3 - Blur effect for oval/face tracking

cridips:
    The problem is the effect always wants to be at the original position at the last frame.

What happens if you select the last keyframe to make it active and manually adjust its position? Does the shape still want to go back to its original position?

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller