Latest post Tue, Dec 1 2015 7:29 AM by Sebastian Angulo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 1 2015 5:12 AM

Relinking issue with Files that are not named properly??

Question for all you Avid Masters!..

Is there anyway to link footage by Metadata?

because
    I just received a project (working in Avid 7) where all the original "AMA" linked files are reading offline... There's no way to AMA link them because the drive I was given doesn't contain the original files or the aaf files of the MXF files that our in Avid's database.. I try to link them to the MXF files in Avid's database, but all those MXF files are named differently and can't be relinked to the Original files I see in Avid. ..

If this helps; In Avid's Console it reads, "The item 'Untitled_Erthbound05148' cannot be processed for ANC data because it does not have an online DNxHD track."

Now, when I open the MXF files in Adobe Media encoder I can see what the footage is and which footage is just audio; Media encoder also automatically sets the output names of all the MXF files according to the same Original names that is seen in Avid. .. My only thought at this point is to transcode the MXFs to Apple ProRes (HQ) 422, make sure they are all named properly, then AMA relink or to transcode the mxf files to the correct name along with new aafs? ..

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!

Thank you all for reading my post!

On a late 2013 21.5 inch iMac with 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 Processor Upgraded NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB Graphics Card Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 1 2015 6:02 AM In reply to

Re: Relinking issue with Files that are not named properly??

BashinSince'88:
    the drive I was given doesn't contain the original files
    Could you get a drive with the original media or with backup copies of the original media?
    Then you could make new (AMA) links to that which.... if you were very lucky would bring the original AMA clips back on line. 

BashinSince'88:
    doesn't contain the original files or the aaf files of the MXF files that our in Avid's database.
    Were these not originally AMA linked but opened  in Resolve and delivered rendered via Round trip to Avid with AAF's?

• Tue, Dec 1 2015 7:29 AM In reply to

Re: Relinking issue with Files that are not named properly??

The client I'm working is checking with one of the Producers to see if they can get one of the drives that was used during Post-Production; I'd like to troubleshoot this ASAP! seeing as he said he has a deadline for this week.

I'm not sure how the project was organized or started, but I'm guessing they ama-linked, then at some point transcoded them to mxfs but with new names??.. 

I'd like to know why Adobe Media Encoder see's those Original names fo those mxfs?.

So I've been running tests. . I transcoded one of the mxfs in the Avid database, to a new mxf file & new .mov file both at 1080p 29.97 .. I imported the new mxf I transcoded into the avid database and was able to locate it in the media tool.

Haven't been able to link to the clip in the main sequnce though, but I'm wondering if that's 'cause it's a clip that wasn't used. So now I'm gonna find a clip that's clearly viewable in sequence and transcode that.

I apologize if I didn't explain more thoroughly but I'm probably the last Editor of many before me who dealt with this project, now I'm left trying to find a solution to link all of this unorganised mess.

Thanks once again!

On a late 2013 21.5 inch iMac with 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 Processor Upgraded NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB Graphics Card Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller