Latest post Wed, Dec 16 2015 6:36 PM by rory.cook101. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 15 2015 4:33 PM

MXF will not import MC 7.03

I bought two MC 7.03 systems a year ago and they have never been used due to IT/ contractor poor setup.

The support has run out and I am on a mission to get the system working

Problem: Can't take in / import P2 MXF original files. I can drag and drop XDCAM MXF files but I can't link with AMA or import or drag and drop P2 MXF.

Plugins will not load as for earlier versions. Do I need to load Panasonic plugins and drivers from Panasonic.

I am Pro Video with no experience of MC

Need Help Please! - Thanks.

Rory

• Tue, Dec 15 2015 4:49 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,242
    • Points 15,695
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: MXF will not import MC 7.03

Yep. Close Composer. Install this directly from Panny's website (Link). Relaunch. All fixed.

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)
    WWND (What Would Norman Do?)

• Tue, Dec 15 2015 4:51 PM In reply to

Keep the full P2 structure intact (including CONTENTS folder and lastclip.txt) file.

Download and install the right Panasonic P2 AMA plugin for MC7 - I think you're probably OK with the latest one, 4.5.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Avid-Media-Access

Link to the folder that HOLDS the CONTENTS and lastclip.txt items - one level ABOVE them.  Don't link to the CONTENTS folder itself.

Clips should all appear in the bin.  You should then be able to consolidate or transcode to Avid-native media as desired.

Dragging and dropping from Explorer or Finder into the bin triggers the "import" command, a legacy method that has largely been replaced by AMA (which is also known as "Link Media" from MC 8.4 onward).

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 15 2015 6:12 PM In reply to

Many thanks usatraveler. I will do that Wednesday as IT have gone home and I don't have admin rights here. I''ll keep you updated.

rory

Filed under: ,
  • Tue, Dec 15 2015 6:13 PM In reply to

Many thanks Pixel Monkey. I will do that Wednesday as IT have gone home and I don't have admin rights here. I''ll keep you updated.

rory

• Wed, Dec 16 2015 6:36 PM In reply to

Cheers Guy,s Many thanks. Worked like you both said!

I've now made some progress but still further problems with P2 files so doing more research and tests. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller