Latest post Mon, Aug 28 2017 2:01 PM by pierreh. 116 replies.
Page 4 of 8 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 2 2016 3:31 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer v8.5 | NOW AVAILABLE - w/El Capitan Support!

Verne:
    BL Support got back to me almost immediately, and they have a version that is El Capitan compatible -  4.4.725 for Avid now supports 10.11. I'm downloading it now  

Verne

Looks like this might be the MB version you need to run on OS X 10.11.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Feb 2 2016 4:08 PM In reply to

Kevin Klimek:

Verne:
    BL Support got back to me almost immediately, and they have a version that is El Capitan compatible -  4.4.725 for Avid now supports 10.11. I'm downloading it now  

Verne

Looks like this might be the MB version you need to run on OS X 10.11.

Thanks Kevin, but Verne was referring to BaseLight Editions effects, not Red Giant's Magic Bullet Looks.

I've submitted a support request to Red Giant notifying them of 2.5.3 and 3.1.3 not supporting MC 8.5 on El Capitan and haven't received any response yet.

2.5 floors in Midtown NYC consisting of ~60 workstations, primarily Mac Pros with a few iMacs and Mac Minis. I include specific machine specs in my posts... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 2 2016 4:17 PM In reply to

Oops...sorry.  Messed up my abbreviations. :)

Please let us know if you hear anything regarding magic Bullet.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Feb 3 2016 2:08 AM In reply to

• Svenbox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 233
    • Points 2,975

Dan Bedford:
    I've submitted a support request to Red Giant notifying them of 2.5.3 and 3.1.3 not supporting MC 8.5 on El Capitan and haven't received any response yet.

Did that, too. Here's the answer:

Doug Y (Red Giant Support)

Feb 2, 16:49 

Hi Sven,

Unfortunately Looks isn't yet compatible with the newest Avid update on El Capitan systems. The engineers are working on an update, but unfortunately from the support desk I couldn't give a definitive timeframe as when it'll get released. I've appended your ticket into the update's tally system to give it some weight in the pipeline; when it gets released, you'll get notified from us.

Sorry this didn't have a more fruitful outcome for the time being, but again we'll let you know when there's an update available.

Doug Y
    Customer Advocate | www.RedGiant.com

iMac pro, MC 2018.7.1 on 10.13.4., 32 Gb, 1Tb SSD, 12 Tb G-speed ext. RAID 1, [view my complete system specs]

Wat soll dä Quatsch?

• Wed, Feb 3 2016 1:12 PM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,085

El Capitan works so far, but one of the first tings I encountered, is a wrong mapping of tracks using AutoSequence. For example I have a Clip with V1/A1-4, use AutoSequence a get a sequence with V1/A2-5. So A1 was ignored.

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.12.2, Avid MediaComposer 8.7.2, NitrisDX... [view my complete system specs]

Passionate In-House Avid Support

Admin of the German Avid Community on Facebook

• Wed, Feb 3 2016 5:39 PM In reply to

• JKL32
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 22 2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 210
    • Points 2,945

Getting a beachball often. Regulary Avid MC 8.5 crashes when I do something very fast. Like he can't keep up. Sometimes after a render, the response time is long when I click in the timeline or switching sequences. Also zooming in/out the timeline is lagging, this was also lagging in previous versions. Avid still doen't feel light and fast (like PC) when just working on an edit. I did a reinstall and make new user settings, but no real difference. I feel like Avid is not making use of all the (graphical) power the Mac Pro have these days. This is the first version for El Capitan, I hope Avid will continue to make Avid more fluid and fast and stable in future versions. 

Avid Media Composer 8.6, BMD UltraStudio Mini Monitor(Desktop Video 10.8), New Mac Pro 8 core, D700, 64g RAM, El Capitan [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 3 2016 6:00 PM In reply to

JKL32:
    Getting a beachball often. Regulary Avid MC 8.5 crashes when I do something very fast.

I am wondering if you are seeing these same issues with your Aja hardware turned off.  I haven't seen your issues with a Nitris DX, so just looking to see if hardware has something to do with it.

-- Kevin

• Wed, Feb 3 2016 6:20 PM In reply to

• JKL32
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 22 2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 210
    • Points 2,945

Kevin Klimek:

JKL32:
    Getting a beachball often. Regulary Avid MC 8.5 crashes when I do something very fast.

I am wondering if you are seeing these same issues with your Aja hardware turned off.  I haven't seen your issues with a Nitris DX, so just looking to see if hardware has something to do with it.

Well, I'm gonna test and try editing without the Aja for a while, timeline response is already better without.. Why... ? 

Avid Media Composer 8.6, BMD UltraStudio Mini Monitor(Desktop Video 10.8), New Mac Pro 8 core, D700, 64g RAM, El Capitan [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 3 2016 6:42 PM In reply to

• Helpyou
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 25 2008
    • Posts 28
    • Points 350

Hi,

Aja doesn't support MC 8.4.x (just 8.4 flat) and 8.5 yet...well not per their Release Notes.

• Wed, Feb 3 2016 6:54 PM In reply to

• PerroneFord
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 31 2008
    • North Florida
    • Posts 58
    • Points 880

Both my work and home machines (PC and iMac respectively) are absolutely flying with MC8.5.  Both are tied to Blackmagic Extreme output boxes so neither is getting any acceleration.  I did a 1hr AMA timeline project over the weekend with zero hiccups.  Very impressive.  I've got a 4hr AMA timeline on the office PC that I'll be working on tonight, but initial performance just scrubbing through looking at things was excellent.

Work Edit: Lenovo P700 32 GB RAM Running Win7 64bit 1 TB internal / 16TB of G-Tech External NVidia Quadro K4200 BM Intensity Extreme 2xHP L2045 20"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 3 2016 7:19 PM In reply to

• wolfgang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 17 2010
    • vienna, austria
    • Posts 48
    • Points 545

Helpyou:

Hi,

Aja doesn't support MC 8.4.x (just 8.4 flat) and 8.5 yet...well not per their Release Notes.

MC 8.5 on macpro 5.1 (10.10.5) is working well with AJA 10.3.7 here

macpro 5,1 12-core 2 x 3,46GHz, 96GB/2 x 2TB SSD/2 x 1TB SSD/16TB HD/AMD vega64/BMD decklink 4k extreme 2 x EizoFX2431 macbookpro 15"retina 2017 3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 4 2016 10:17 AM In reply to

Slip n slide in edit trim (when you have one clip with rollers at each end) is not showing up and updating when you move the rollers in the composer windows. Making it pretty useless as is at the moment :(

• Thu, Feb 4 2016 11:27 AM In reply to

A nice upgrade with many useful features. But as usual, Avid giveth and Avid taketh away. In the 8.4 release, I commented that PAL amd NTSC raster sizes were incorrect in the New Project dialogue. Fixed. Thank you. I also commented that I could not capture DV25 420 (just got pixellated video) nor play back via a DVCAM deck or DV transcoder. In 8.5 I can capture correctly via my Thunderbolt>Firewire adapter (very few errors) BUT 'Output to DV Device' is now missing if I right-click on the video quality button in the Timeline (in 8.4, this existed but was missing DV25 420).

If I try to play video with my DVCAM deck connected, I get: "• Exception: ADM_DIO_ERROR_OCCURRED, DIOerr:PMDIOVideoOutOffsetStream::SetFrameQueueMode - video is active, it must be idle". I also see Flamethrower errors in the Console. The system locks up and requires a Force Quit.

In the Composer menu, 'Device' reports IEEE 1394. Clips in the Timeline display a blue dot as though I really am outputting without Realtime Encoding turned on but there is no output.

MacBook Pro, i7, 16GB RAM. Mac OS 10.10.5.

I know that SD is old hat but I teach and I use a DVCAM deck to demonstrate tape capture and output. Please fix!

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Feb 4 2016 11:28 AM In reply to

Works here.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Feb 4 2016 11:30 AM In reply to

Please can you add syncing by waveforms to Autosync as well as Group Clips? Thanks!

Page 4 of 8 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller