Latest post Mon, Dec 25 2017 7:16 AM by pac313. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 9 2016 1:56 AM In reply to

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

Re: 8.5 and Quicktime_OPServer (not responding) issues

Thx for the tip but looks like I don't have Perian installed.

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:49 PM In reply to

Perian not installed. same problem

3 GHz 8 core Intel Xeon E5 / 32 GB / 10.9.5 / MC8.7.2.44855 / Motu HDX-sdi via PCIe Card / AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 9 2016 4:37 PM In reply to

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 388
    • Points 4,995

ditto here. No Perian. Brand new mac pro with clean OS. Only Media Composer loaded. OSX 10.10.5 with MC 8.5.3. Quicktime_OPServer not responding still an issue.

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 9 2016 7:54 PM In reply to

Perian is not related to the QuickTime_OPServer "Not responding" state. But it really doesn't cause much of an issue, either.

Sometimes, when Avid itself hangs (spinning beach ball) force quitting those processes can help, but I don't believe they are the cause.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jun 10 2016 4:03 PM In reply to

Only happens, when die Autosave, saves the ProjectSettings! 

3 GHz 8 core Intel Xeon E5 / 32 GB / 10.9.5 / MC8.7.2.44855 / Motu HDX-sdi via PCIe Card / AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 19 2016 8:55 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

did this case (02926922) reach any conclusions

we too have a system that is beachballing a dozen times a day and Quicktime_OPServer seems to be 'Not Responding' in the Activity Manager....

if you could add me in to the case that would be great,

mny thx

• Fri, Jul 29 2016 1:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 219,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Marc

Apologies for the delay - forums have been wonky latley but we finally fixed them.

I ased Marvin to reopen the case and reach out to you.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 10 2016 10:09 PM In reply to

• jhmcf2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 29 2014
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Hello Marianna, any news on a fix for this? I am seeing it on a number of machines running 8.4. They can crash up to 5 times in an hour. 

• Wed, Aug 10 2016 10:28 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York / Knoxville, TN
    • Posts 748
    • Points 8,825

jhmcf2:
    I am seeing it on a number of machines running 8.4. They can crash up to 5 times in an hour. 

+1 here. Really jamming me up.

Beachball of Death occurs, then I open OS X Console. See a message like this under "All Messages" logged every time MC beachballs:

8/10/16 3:31:17.775 PM QuickTime_OPServer[15806]: QuickTime_OPServer(15806,0xa0b141d4) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=16592896) failed (error code=3)

*** error: can't allocate region

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

• OS X - 10.10.5

• MC - 8.4.4.38500

Lost work twice in an hour while logging.

Mid-2010 Mac Pro • 2018 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]

isaact.co | Twitter | Instagram | Vimeo

Writer: The Frame.io WORKFLOW Guide - http://workflow.frame.io/

Post Workflow Consultant - https://isaact.co/

• Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:28 AM In reply to

Greetings Marianna,

I am getting this issue at a client site. Only one editor in the entire group (approximately 12 editors) is getting this, and the issue follows them around. Nobody else in the production is having this error. I've done quite a bit of analysis thus far and have a pretty substantial list of the things we tried, but after we moved the editor to a bay with no issues in it, the problem followed him. The media they use is somewhat unique but the assistant editor worked with it all day with no issue from another bay.

We are currently engaged in having them completely gut the project file and user settings for that project and I will report back what I find. However if you want to capture this in real time I have someone who can make it happen about 4 times a day minimum.

I would love to contribute whatever necessary to help expose what might be the root of this issue.

They're using 10.11.5, MC 8.5.3 on Nexis 6.0.1.

Thanks,
    Jason 

• Thu, Sep 1 2016 1:51 PM In reply to

Has there been any progress on this issue?  I had the same problem with MC8.3.  I upgraded my OS to Capitan, completely uninstalled Avid.  Then installed 8.6.1.  Still have the same problem.

• Mon, Sep 12 2016 5:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 219,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Apologies for the delay on this one....  as you know I was out on vacation for a bit.

AFAIK, the Quicktime_OPServer issue related to 8.5 with Mac OSX 10.11 – exports takes forever and left no option but to Force Quit – this is solved in Media Composer 8.5.3 and higher.

If you are getting the issue even after installing 8.6.1 or higher, probably there are some other things worth checking.

Advise?   Would you like me to get support directly on this for you?

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 16 2016 4:19 PM In reply to

• Rob253
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 4 2009
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Hi Marianna,

We have problems with the QuickTime_OPserver to. Generally in my experience almost al versions as of Avid mediacomposer version 7 are affected. ( maybe due to our kind of network storage )

I installed a brand new system today on a MacPro 6Core with 32GB ram with OSX 10.11.5 ( Model A1481 ) with Mediacomposer version 8.6.3

This configuration suffered from QuickTime_OPserver crashes on all instances.

On this system I went back to mediacomposer v 8.5.2 what made it a litle better. I found following:

-If the project is created as a local project,  QuickTime_OPserver will not crash

-if the project is created as a shared project,  QuickTime_OPserver will not crash. Even when networked media storage is  attached.

-If the project is created as an external project and the Avid project space is also a networked storage, then the QuickTime_OPserver will crash

My first thoughts were that this could be caused due to the .DS_Store file creation on the networked storage. Therefore I disabled the .DS_Store file creation on my mac. Unfortunately this dit not entirely solved the QuickTime_OPserver crashes.

Finaly I went to the projects folder on the networked storage and found a folder that has the identical name as my computer. We work with an Editshare storage server and use a Avidstyle space to store our projects. In the folder of my project that was called "offline7" , in there are a couple of files.

* projectname_settings.avs

* projectname_settings.xml

* project.avp

* SearchData folder

* WaveformCache folder

In the WaveformCache folder I deleted all .awf files.

This resolved the QuickTime_OPserver crash went starting Avid mediacomposer. ( unfortunately this is not persistend and has to be done every time before you open a project )

I am not shure how Avid storage handles these cache files but maybe this gives a lead in where the problem can be.

Kind regards,

Rob

MacPro 2011 model 3.3GHz quadcore 16GB memory, Apple raid card, Kona3 card, 10Gb/s network OSX 10.7 MacPro 2010 model 2.4GHz 8-core, 20GB memory, Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 8 2017 1:13 AM In reply to

• mjc
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,745

Just upgraded from 7.x and are now running 8.8.0.  We had never seen this problem before.  Ever since we updated we now get the Quicktime_OPserver (Not Responding) problem.   

Has there been a fix for this? Or at least a diagnosis.  Seems like a tedious workaround to have to force quit constantly (especially becasue that doesn't always work... or at least slows you down for a while).

Running MC 8.8.0 and Mac OSX 10.12.3

Not sure if it is relevant, but we also have Quicktime Pro 7.6.6 installed on this system.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Nitris DX Symphony Option / MC 7.0.4 | Mac OS X 10.8.5, Dual 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon MacPro, 10GB RAM | Facilis Terrablock 24D [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 8 2017 8:11 AM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 481
    • Points 5,960
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

I have had the problem of Quicktime_OPServer not responding with all recent releases of Media Composer.

I now have a clean install of v8.8 on a new Mac running Mac OS 10.12.3. Still happens. I reported it as a bug a while ago, but not seen a resolution as yet.

I don't get beachballs, though - I find I can simply ignore it and carry on.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller