Latest post Fri, Mar 18 2016 1:09 AM by Ian Nicholson. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:57 AM

• Ian Nicholson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 965

Once again.... Activation problems. Come on Avid!

So today I fired up my Avid for the first time in a week or so to be met with:-

"This software was released past your contract expiration date (1/23/2016)" 

Weird, because my support contract expired 3/5/2016 (Perpetual licence).

Then, upon trying to deactivate my license via AMM (as per the instructions given on the landing page from the button saying "Go to Avid Support", I get the message:- 

"Failed Deactivation: Response is out of order with previous responses." 

Come on Avid! Lift your game! These activation issues are becoming a real pain in the ***, and another (non) editing day wasted. Once again, I cannot get support in my timezone (Sydney, Australia) despite having a local 'support' number to call. I always get a message telling me the office is closed and to call back the next business day (when I call at 1pm my time). Still have to pay full whack for annual support though. Nice.
    MC 8.5.0 on Intel i7 3770K 3.8GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, nVidia GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD, 13TB disk, 2 x HP 2711x 27" LED monitors, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Thu, Mar 17 2016 8:37 AM In reply to

• Esther_IDC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 5 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Re: Once again.... Activation problems. Come on Avid!

I have the same problem, here in Amsterdam.

After having a stream of license issues before. I just sent a mail to complain about not being able to start my software, due to so-called license expiration (which is totally UNTRUE) —and I get this:

" Hello _____,

Recently you interacted with one of our support staff members regarding case number 02849441 "General Contact". Here is a chance to let us know how we're doing.

Your feedback from this short survey will help improve our customer service. Completion takes less than 2 minutes.

Click on the following link to launch the survey."

Here's my feedback.

No. I am not satisfied.

And now I have to go through a whole string of links to find the right support link.

Really, Avid ...

• Thu, Mar 17 2016 8:58 AM In reply to

• Esther_IDC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 5 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Hi Ian,

There is some progress. Here's what I was told to do:

"Kindly deactivate the license from App Manager, activate it again and the reactivation should be successful. "

It seems to be working, Only the activation of DOLBY AC3 failed.

Good luck!
  • Thu, Mar 17 2016 11:28 PM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Ian Nicholson:

So today I fired up my Avid for the first time in a week or so to be met with:-

"This software was released past your contract expiration date (1/23/2016)" 

Weird, because my support contract expired 3/5/2016 (Perpetual licence).

Then, upon trying to deactivate my license via AMM (as per the instructions given on the landing page from the button saying "Go to Avid Support", I get the message:- 

"Failed Deactivation: Response is out of order with previous responses." 

Come on Avid! Lift your game! These activation issues are becoming a real pain in the ***, and another (non) editing day wasted. Once again, I cannot get support in my timezone (Sydney, Australia) despite having a local 'support' number to call. I always get a message telling me the office is closed and to call back the next business day (when I call at 1pm my time). Still have to pay full whack for annual support though. Nice.

Ian - I'd reach out to Marianna M for license issues. I haven't had any problems like yours I did get a response. I've PM'd you with the APAC contact.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Fri, Mar 18 2016 12:59 AM In reply to

• Ian Nicholson
    • Not Ranked
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 965

John,

Thank you so much for that.

In the end, I called Avid support last night (I have to call in the middle of the night because they're closed during Australian daytime hours). 

A really helpful young man called Engel fixed my problem in a flash by providing me a temporary System ID and key. The good news is, I am up and running.

However, this doesn't escape the fact there is a serious bug in 8.5 in how it determines the contract expiry date.

My contract expired 5th March 2016 (the renewal has been ordered from my local Avid reseller, but takes 2+ weeks to come through). According to Avid 8.5, my contract expired on 26th January, and since 8.5 was installed in February, it refused to run!

Of course, if my support hadn't expired, I'd have been ok (as I was in the weeks previously).

Avid! You need to sort this bug out! 

MC 8.5.0 on Intel i7 3770K 3.8GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, nVidia GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD, 13TB disk, 2 x HP 2711x 27" LED monitors, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 18 2016 1:09 AM In reply to

• Ian Nicholson
    • Not Ranked
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 965

I should also give credit to Tina at Avid Support who was very quick to respond to my activation issues by walking me through the problem of fixing the activation sync errors I was getting. So while I was able to activate the software (no thanks to the ever-so-flaky Avid Applications Manager), I couldn't run it becuase of the separate contract expiry date issue mentioned above.

So thanks again, Engel and Tina - you are both a credit to Avid for fixing the symptoms very quickly!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller