Latest post Sun, Mar 27 2016 8:47 PM by Marty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 25 2016 7:50 PM

AMA Head scratching!

Hi

Before I make a complete hash of an already complicated project I thought I'd ask people that would know what to do.

So, here's the rub-

-Rushes shot on Red but not transcoded on set due to time

-Red rushes used in Avid via AMA and subclips/sync/groups and sequences made

-Avid decides it doesn't like that and freaks out, with numerous error messgages

-Client called and terrible excuse made for no edit to show

-New transcodes made from Red in Red Cine X and imported with AAF/ALE process. All good, all online

NOW THE QUESTION

How can I make the new transcodes link to all the subclips and sequences I've already made???

Hopefully there's a simple easy fix rather than having to transcode from Avid directly? There must be? Surely?

All help will be much appreciated

Cheers

• Fri, Mar 25 2016 7:53 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Head scratching!

Why wasn't the Red AMA footage just transcoded in MC?

That was the simple route and the conform would have been easy.

You can try selecting the new Red media and re-linking the sequences but I suspect itr won't work.

Avid may well see the new media as different to the AMA linked media.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Mar 25 2016 8:02 PM In reply to

I suspected that might be the solution....I think i'll just transcode again in Avid. Thanks for the quick reply

• Sun, Mar 27 2016 8:47 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 921
    • Points 10,705

You could try to relink the subclips to the new masterclips.
    Select all masterclips, then select all subclips and use relink with "Selected items in ALL open bins".
    Avid is relinken by source file name / tape name and timecode. If that's different from the old masterclips, you need to change the relink options / metadata to make it work.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller