Latest post Sat, Apr 9 2016 10:57 AM by belemay. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 7 2016 10:01 AM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Problems Zooming In To Keyframes at Head of Clip in Motion Effect Editor

Hi,

I was having such trouble with this that I had to go to another NLE to do a timewarp.  I needed to place timewarp keyframes very close to one another, near the head of a clip.  I know that in order to zoom in, you would normally adjust the 2nd slider at the bottom of the motion effect editor.  However, when I would to do this, the keyframes moved outside the boundary of the effects editor and became inaccessible.  Once this happened, I couldn't move back to them at the same magnification - the maginification I needed to properly manipulate them.  I could reduce magification to access them again, but I couldn't work with the keyframes because they were too close together.  Has anyone else had this problem?  In other programs, there is a keyboard modifier or "hand tool" that you can use to pan over to the keyframes, but I don't know if this exists in Media Composer.  Anyone have any suggestions?  

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 7 2016 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: Problems Zooming In To Keyframes at Head of Clip in Motion Effect Editor

On a Windows machine, press and hold SHIFT and ALT to get a hand tool in the Timewarp window. I assume (but do not know for sure) the Mac equivalent is SHIFT and OPT.

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Apr 7 2016 11:27 AM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

camoscato:

On a Windows machine, press and hold SHIFT and ALT to get a hand tool in the Timewarp window. I assume (but do not know for sure) the Mac equivalent is SHIFT and OPT.

Thanks for the advice, camoscato.  However, when I do get the hand tool (I didn't even know how to get it before), it will not help me navigate to the left or right past the boundaries. of the Motion Effect Editor.  The keyframes are still hidden.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 7 2016 12:11 PM In reply to

S.Clements:
    when I do get the hand tool ... it will not help me navigate to the left or right past the boundaries. of the Motion Effect Editor.

Hmmm. On the system I'm using today - Windows 7, MC 8.5.1 - when I zoom in to the motion effect graph, the hand tool happily moves the graph back and forth however far I want to go.

What happens when you try?

Does it change if you try it with a new user and a new project?

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 10:57 AM In reply to

• belemay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 20 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

HI!,

I had the same problem.. on Windows, hold ALT and the hand cursor will appear.. It works for me.. 

On MC 8.3

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller