Latest post Sat, Apr 9 2016 10:55 PM by usatraveler. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 9 2016 9:41 PM

When transcoding Linked media through the Consolidate/Transcode tool. ..

Do you have to select the "Transcode only linked media" box??

because I've been transcoding on-set while organizing the project for the Editor

and I haven't been selecting this option but the footage is being transcoded in the BG and looks great!

Any thoughts or tips on this would be much appreciated!. . .  I wouldn't want troubles in the future during Post because of not checking that box?

Peace,

Sebastian Angulo

On a late 2013 21.5 inch iMac with 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 Processor Upgraded NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB Graphics Card Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 9 2016 10:55 PM In reply to

Re: When transcoding Linked media through the Consolidate/Transcode tool. ..

No - you don't need to check that box.  Without checking the box, all that happens is that everything you've selected, gets transcoded.  If you DO check the box, it limits the transcode so that it transcodes only the linked media within the selection.

So, if everything you have selected is linked, then the box has no effect at all.  You're transcoding your entire selection either way.

One use of this option is: you have an edited sequence. Most of the media in it is already Avid-native media, but you have some linked shots in it.  So, you want to transcode the linked clips in it, because you want to output a QuickTime Reference.

In order to do that, you select the sequence, go to "Transcode" - and transcode only the linked media.  That way, I leave the clips that are Avid-native as they are, but transcode the linked ones.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller