Latest post Wed, Apr 27 2016 6:54 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 27 2016 12:46 AM

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

What causes "Selected items in ALL offline items" to be greyed out????

Hi,

I am trying to relink a master clip that I AMA's (Linked to) then transcoded, then deleted the transcoded media and now want to relink to the the original AMA (Linked to) file. I have the file, Music_05, link into a bin called Music. I highlight the Linked Music_05 clip in the bin and highlight the bin in the Bins panel. Then I right click on the offline master clip of the transcoded Music_05 and select "relink". The relink panel pops up but the "Selected items in ALL open bins" option is greyed out. And when I try the "Media on drive:" options relink doesn't find the Linked to Music_05 file. Been driving me crazy so figured I'd post and see if there's a step I'm missing.

Thx,

Jayson

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Wed, Apr 27 2016 6:54 AM In reply to

Re: What causes "Selected items in ALL offline items" to be greyed out????

Relink to selected items is only available for sequences. For master clips they either re-link or they don't.

AVid either knows they are rleated so will re-link or believs they aren't so just won't.

M isn't like FCP its very hard to force a relink that Avid doesn't think should exist.

If your master clip was in a sequence and pointing to missing transcoded media you should be able to relink that to a fresh AMA link of that clip. Thats how its designed to work.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller