Latest post Mon, May 9 2016 12:05 PM by J. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 5 2016 8:43 PM

• J
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 19 2010
    • Posts 60
    • Points 770

Slow audio

Hello

I have some image to 48fps and I would like to synchronize with audio but at 24 fps.

Does anyone have an idea to slow down the sound on the audio master then fill to a autosync.
    Thanks !

J.
  • Thu, May 5 2016 9:22 PM In reply to

Re: Slow audio

Take the original file and bring it into an application like Wave Agent (free from Sound Devices). This lets you change the sample rate stamp of the file. If your source file is 48Khz, stamp it as 24KHz. Then import the resulting clip (which now plays back at 24000 samples/second), and AutoSync. This _will_ affect the pitch of the clip, so you may want to adjust that by adding a plugin like Pitch Shift or Time Shift. Note that this is not without some loss of sound quality, and different plugins handle different kinds of sound better than others.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 6 2016 6:59 PM In reply to

• J
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 770

Thank you for your reply.
    Sorry, I do not know if I understood everything.

My avid project is 1080p/24 and audio project : sample rate 48Khz and Bit Depth 24BIT

when shooting , a image is rotated to 48 frames per second , in slow motion. The sound he was shot at 24 frames per second . I would like to synchronize the sound even distorting the sour slowed the image. Do I need to turn my original clip into Wave Agent ?
    Can not just apply an effect on his dirrectement ?
  • Fri, May 6 2016 8:35 PM In reply to

J:
    Do I need to turn my original clip into Wave Agent ?
    That is what I would do, yes.

J:
    Can not just apply an effect on his dirrectement ?
    You can, but you'll run into some issues, such as the clip not being long enough.

P.S.:

The sound he was shot at 24 frames per second .

Sound does not have an fps speed, it doesn't have frames (altough it can have a 24fps timecode, but that's just an added counter). Sound runs realtime at a given sample rate. Since the camera was overcranked, you need to "udnercrank" the sound to match the speed/duration.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 9 2016 12:05 PM In reply to

• J
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 770

Hi !

Thank a lot, your method is perfect and easy !

Thank again !!!! Yes !Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller