Latest post Thu, Jun 16 2016 2:50 AM by Mondo. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 15 2016 10:22 AM

Local mxf/1 folders on shared storage?, Weird

I've come by a weird problem with our AVID Mediacomposer systems connected to Dynamic Drive Pool shared storage. The DDP emulates the AVID FS filestructure to "trick" avid mediacomposer into thinking it's an Unity or ISIS drive.

This has worked flawlessly until somewhere around november 2015. I've discovered that somtimes ( at random?) mediacomposer adds mxf/1 folders into the shared mediadrives instead of mxf/edit.1 folders that we are used to in our Avid Unity and DDP shared environment?

As a result sometimes Avid Mediacomposer crashes if it encounters a mxf/1 folder which is in use on another system (ofcourse because their using the same database....)

We have this issue on 2 different setups and locations using latest DDP drivers and firmware and Avid Mediacomposer 8.5.3 ( but the problem seems to be older)

Has anyone using shared storage come across this at a time?

Hein Mastenbroek
    The Editor Videofacilities
    The NEtherlands

4x AVID MC8.6 and with MojoDX, Blackmagic Extreme and MXO2 | Dynamic Drive Pool 24TB | Avid Unity Lanshare 4.2.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 16 2016 2:50 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Re: Local mxf/1 folders on shared storage?, Weird

If MC's creating the MXF/1 folder instead of a separate folder for the individual workstations (eg MXF/edit1 MXF/edit2 etc) then it must think it is a local or standard network drive. Do you have the drives connected in any other way but as Unity drives? Has someone mapped a drive locally or something? If not I think the next port of call would be DDP support. Also try posting the question in the Unity forum

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller