Latest post Wed, May 16 2018 1:09 AM by jray. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 17 2016 8:22 PM

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 1 2011
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

Custom Bin View Changes on Restart

For my new project I created a custom bin view in MC 8.5.3 and saved it as "Movie". I created custom columns called "Scene#" and "Take#" because the default Scene and Take columns don't work with grouped clips for some reason. Then I arranged my columns like so: Color, Icons, Scene#, Take#, Comments, Camera, Name, etc. The clip names aren't very useful for me, so I pushed them down the line. Once I had it all set up this was saved as bin view "Movie". 

From time to time, and for certain when I restart MC, my custom bin view columns are messed up appearing like this: Color, Icons, Name, Take#, Comments, Camera, Scene#, etc. The bin view shows "Movie". I rearrange them back to the order I want and resave the bin view. This works for a time until I have to do it again. Is there any way to keep my custom view from changing?

Avid MC 8.5.3 with Symphony, Mac Pro 2009, OS 10.10.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 17 2016 8:38 PM In reply to

Re: Custom Bin View Changes on Restart

Have you tried simply changing to a different view and then back to "Movie"? You won't lose any data in your custom columns.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Aug 17 2016 8:58 PM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

I hadn't, I was just reselecting my preset which didn't do anything. I restarted and tried your suggestion, it still changed the view by moving "name" to its default position, but at least the rest of my columns remained in order so I can simply slide "name" past them to get back to my preset. An improvement for sure, but I hope Avid will fix the issue.

Avid MC 8.5.3 with Symphony, Mac Pro 2009, OS 10.10.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:11 PM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

I would really like to get this issue escalated somehow. Every time I restart MC my saved bin view changes. The "Name column" reverts back to its default position in the view after color and cip icon. My saved view is:

Color, Clip icon, Scene #, Take# (these are custom columns because the built in scene and take columns don't allow you to add data for grouped clips), Comments, Camera, Duration, Tracks, Name. 

When I restart MC it looks like this:

Color, Clip icon, Name, Scene#, Take#, Comments, Camera, Duration, Tracks

Once I have restarted I slide the Name column back down to where it belongs and resave the custom setting, however even after I have done this if I reopen a bin that was previously set to my custom view it has also reverted the Name column to its default position. Changing it to a different view and then back again does nothing, and so I'm constantly having to slide the Name column back down to where I want it. This is really frustrating.

• Mon, May 14 2018 11:12 PM In reply to

• ematteso
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 14 2018
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

I realize this was a long time ago but did you ever find a solution? I'm experiencing a very similar issue with MC 6.5. 

• Wed, May 16 2018 1:09 AM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

Unfortunately no, after I finished that project I didn’t need that view anymore. I haven’t messed with it since then. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller