Latest post Tue, Aug 7 2018 6:31 PM by Alexander Pylinski. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:15 PM

• randegrift
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 15 2010
    • West Los Angeles
    • Posts 20
    • Points 245

Avid MC 8 extract lift error, invalid trim error

Getting inconsistent extract and lift error. Has happened ever since upgrading from MC5 to MC8.1.  Intermittently continues to happen with each update of MC 8.3, 8.4, 8.5.  Currently MC 8.6.1.   With each upgrade a new user preference is created.

Place an in “I” and out “O” point then use “X” key, “Z” key, or the “C” key, or the buttons, to extract or lift the section and get this message:

Avid Media Composer
    “an error has been encountered. Do you want to revert edits?”
    No - Yes

Either choice results in “Invalid Trim” message and nothing happens.

However, sometimes it works normally all day long.  Seems to depend on where the edit points are placed in the timeline.

Working on a Power Mac 8 core OSX 10.9.5, had same intermittent issue with OSX 10.8

Any ideas?  Thanks.

MC 8.6, Power Mac 8 core, OSX 10.9.5 [view my complete system specs]

Editing- It's what I have for breakfast.

• Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:03 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,943
    • Points 214,790
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid MC 8 extract lift error, invalid trim error

Rangegrift

Going to create a case and try this for you.   Case # 03024947

report back tomorrow

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Aug 25 2016 1:59 PM In reply to

Are you trying to extract during transitions (like in the middle of a dissolve)? Or are you working with Timewarp clips?

A screen grab of your timeline with the affected section would be helpful next time it happens.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Aug 26 2016 11:12 PM In reply to

• randegrift
    • Not Ranked
    • West Los Angeles
    • Posts 20
    • Points 245

Thanks for asking, Kevin- In and out points are not over transition.  I've included some screen grabs.  The same clips will not extract, then when I move the in and out points a little bit, it will extract.  This happens intermitantly over and over regardless of added color effects, speed effects or if the clip is completely clean. 

Filed under:
  • Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:59 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,270
    • Points 39,680

Do you have any locked track?  That is the message I see when I accidentaly have a locked track selected and then do an edit on it.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:31 PM In reply to

• randegrift
    • Not Ranked
    • West Los Angeles
    • Posts 20
    • Points 245

Jef- Thanks for asking.  All tracks are unlocked.  I toggled them on and off.  No change.  Extract and lift are still wonky.

• Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:45 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,270
    • Points 39,680

Oh well.  It was worth a shot.

Really long shot - But are you using a new user setting created on this version of MC?

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:54 PM In reply to

• randegrift
    • Not Ranked
    • West Los Angeles
    • Posts 20
    • Points 245

Jef- Good thought... Yes I create new user settings with every update. Thanks.

• Fri, Nov 11 2016 9:28 AM In reply to

• Brendan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 28 2011
    • South Africa
    • Posts 22
    • Points 280

Has there been any solution to this?

I have sequences where I can't cut or paste video layers without getting the "INVALID TRIM" error.

I don't know what to do anymore.

HP Z840 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W v4 @ 3.00GHz 2.99 GHz (@ processors) 64.0 GB Installed RAM Windows 10 PRO V 1803 Graphics - RADEAON PRO WX 7100... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:15 AM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,211
    • Points 14,660

I've had that on clips that were made from Sony AMA and transcoded clips, which I think is a known bug. What's your footage?

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig mem, int and ext Raids, Mojo DX, 10.12.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.9.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:27 AM In reply to

• Brendan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 28 2011
    • South Africa
    • Posts 22
    • Points 280

Working on normal DNXHD encoded clips that are in continuity sequences.

Sequence GFX stay the same, just footage that gets updated. 

But if I dupe my sequence for the next episode, I get the Invalid Trim error or the Revert edits error.

HP Z840 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W v4 @ 3.00GHz 2.99 GHz (@ processors) 64.0 GB Installed RAM Windows 10 PRO V 1803 Graphics - RADEAON PRO WX 7100... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 11 2016 9:21 PM In reply to

• randegrift
    • Not Ranked
    • West Los Angeles
    • Posts 20
    • Points 245

I've had the same problem.  I use some of the same old (legacy) projects/sequences for my work over many MC version upgrades and updates.  It seems that upgrading to the next MC version (over 7 years and several versions) has caused some problems when I open or duplicate old sequences that I continue to use and edit as needed. Trim errors result quite often as noted above.

In another thread I read that copying from the corrupted sequence in the source timeline into a new sequence can fix the trim errors. Duplicating in the bin carries all the old problems into the new sequence.

btw- MC8.4 gave my system fits.  My trim error problem actually went away on the sequences I was using coincidentally after I updated to the newest MC8.5.  And my system finally began to play nice overall. 

When I eventually go back to some of the earlier sequences again I'll find out if MC8.5 really fixed the trim error problem.  If not I'll try copying cuts into a new sequence.  For now the problem is "fixed" on my system. 

If this doesn't work for you, perhaps a media file or files are corrupted.  (or effects from a previous version no longer apply in the new MC upgrade) Trouble shoot by editing the first half of the sequence into a new sequence.  If the remaining half edits properly then the second half of the sequence contains the problem.  Edit the problem section in half again.  Continue to half the project until you find the offending file or files and delete/replace them with recaptures, reimports, new transcodes.

I hope this is a help.

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Tue, Aug 7 2018 6:31 PM In reply to

Hello, everyone!

I have the same error problem and I know what is causing that. The error happens due to EC1 track on the sequence (Edge Code Track). If you have this track - you have this error. If you do copy your sequence by creating new sequence, place old sequence to source monitor and paste it to new sequence, you may contunue your work without trim error.

By the way, why EC1 track is automatically adding when I use List Tool with second half of presets list? And how can I delete this track easily?

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller