Latest post Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:47 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 27 2016 12:52 PM

• Nino224
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 19 2012
    • Posts 23
    • Points 340

Installation Blues

Trying to install MC on my brand new iMac and I can't get past the third step:

"Avid MC can't be installed on this disk. Installation cannot proceed, as not all requirements were met."

27", 5K Display. 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5. 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3. AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB. OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:15 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Installation Blues

Nino....  

Are your disk permissions set properly?  also where are you attempting to install the software - internal or external drive?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:22 PM In reply to

• Nino224
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 19 2012
    • Posts 23
    • Points 340

Internal. Wasn't aware of permissions.

27", 5K Display. 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5. 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3. AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB. OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Lets start here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/readme/Media-Composer-Software-8-0-Documentation

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/README_Avid_Editor_v8.6.3.pdf

1.  8.6.3 whihc I assume you are using - runs on Mac OS v10.11.6 and Mac OS v10.11.5 

2.  It should install here:      MacintoshHD/Program Files\Avid\Avid editing application    The installation process adds a desktop icon and a pointer to your Avid editing application in the  Start menu. 

3.  Your Avid editing application will not start properly if you move the application file from the Avid editing application folder. You can drag it onto the Dock, and an alias appears on the Dock.

4.  Install as Administrator You need to first install and launch the editing application as an Administrator. If you are in a Shared Storage environment, mount your workspaces as an Administrator. You may then log off and log back in as a Standard user, if necessary. 

5. As of Macintosh OS 10.7 Lion, the default permissions for the root level of the system drive are now set to “Read Only” for all users. This prevents the Avid Editing Application from being able to use this drive as a media drive. You will see the drive grayed out in Media Creation settings or as an option for import, mixdown, render, and consolidate/transcode.

If you don’t intend to use the system drive for media you can leave it alone. This is ideal in most cases.

If you do need to use the system drive, perform the following to change permissions.

To change permissions:

Click on your system drive (Macintosh HD in most cases) to highlight.

From the File menu select Get Info (cmd+I)

Click the lock icon in the bottom right to make changes

Click on the “Read only” text in the Privilege column next to Everyone and set the privilege to “Read & Write”

You should now be able to see the system drive as a valid media drive.

If you repair permissions on the system drive, they will reset and you will have to repeat this procedure. 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller